The Knight

Lucas  watched as Max levitated in the air as he yelled out her name, hoping it would bring her back.

He knew something was wrong the minute Cal's body started to twitch. Not even a second later, the young Harrington's breath began to quicken,  gasping for air.

Lucas knew what was about to happen, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He failed. He failed to save his friend. He wished he could do something, anything, but there was nothing, the headphones were destroyed. Now, he could only watch on helplessly.

Suddenly, Cal let out a scream, causing Lucas to cover his ears at the sheer velocity of the scream, before he stopped, the young Harrington still having his eyes closed.

 Lucas looked over at Cal, his worry skyrocketing at what he could only imagine was happening in there, until a sharp gasp caught his attention. He turned around to see Max, her eyes now open, falling to the ground.

He quickly rushed over and caught her, cushioning her fall, as he held her in a tight embrace. The redhead frantically looked around, her Max's breaths sharp and firm, as she noted her surroundings, noticing she was no longer in Vecna's mind, but back in the attic of the Creel house.

"Lucas?" Max asked, fear and shock clear in her tone.

"Yeah, it's me." Lucas sighed out, his body slightly relaxing knowing that his friend's safe, "I'm here."

Max slowly nodded, her fear beginning to settle down as her breathing calmed down, until noticing the quietness of a certain someone.

"Where's... Where's Cal?" She asked the boy, her voice but a whisper.

Lucas tensed as he gently helped the redhead to stand up, making sure she was able to balance herself before he looked over towards Cal, whose breathing had returned to normal.

Max's eyes widened at the sight, "Cal!" She called out while running to him, kneeling down to him, as her hands made their way to his shoulders.

"Cal. Cal, come on. You can wake up now. You saved me! So just wake up already!" Max yelled, gently shaking the boy's shoulders.

"Max..." Lucas said, grabbing the redhead's attention, "What's going on? What's happening?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

Max looked at him, her words stuck in her throat, before looking back at Cal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Max!" El screamed out, her voice filled with fear, as her eyes shot open. He. The girl frantically looked around, confusion filling her as she noticed she was back in the void.

"Cal!" A voice screamed out, El instantly recognising it as Max's. She turned towards it as her eyes widened, seeing Max and Lucas in front of Cal's body as the redhead shook Cal's shoulders while Lucas watched on in worry.

El ran over to them, crouching down beside Max ,taking a quick glance at her before looking towards Cal's closed eyes. El slowly realised that whatever brought her out, Cal must've been involved.

Without delay, she closed her eyes, grabbing Cal's hand, and focused on entering his mind. She waited for a few seconds, feeling herself entering the boy's mind, before opening her eyes, having been forced out.

El's breathing quicked, her body tensing as she started to stress. She had to enter Cal's mind, she was the only one that could stop Vecna, Cal having used most of his strength to force her and Max out of Vecna's mind.

The telekinetic girl closed her eyes once more, beginning to try and force her way inside. 

No matter how long it takes.