The Dive

The whole night Cal couldn't sleep, and rightfully so. He was a little spooked from getting a vision at the Creel house, but his roaming thoughts were the main reason.

The group wanted to take shifts once more that night but Cal didn't let them, stating that he wasn't going to sleep and he could watch after Max.

Of course, this started an argument between the two Harringtons along with Max, who took Steve's side. The argument ended when Cal stated he needed to think about what Vecna said.

So with that, instead of sleeping, Cal had spent the night thinking to himself what Vecna could mean by 'resistance', trying to remember anything from his life, but only pulling up blanks.

The good news was that this confirmed something for Cal. Vecna wasn't prolonging his death, he was being blocked out, but by what? And whatever it is, it's not going to last much longer based on the boy seeing a vision, but also the direct confirmation from Vecna himself.

Though as more answers become clearer, even more questions arise, like how did he get this resistance? What exactly is the resistance? And how come he only saw the face of the clock?

These questions were currently going through the boy's head as he sat stuck between Max and Lucas in the middle row of Nancy's car, Nancy and Robin in front while Dustin and Steve were in the back.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin asked, snapping Cal from his thoughts, as looked at Nancy, leaning her elbow on the window.

"It'll be fine." Nancy countered.

Cal shook his head. Things were currently not fine, too many questions with a few answers.

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin stated, turning away from Nancy, "I really, really can't."

Steve ate a pringle before he looked over towards the front of the car from where he sat, "At least he can drink himself into feeling better." The older Harrington joked, raising a can of beer as he did.

"That's what my mom does." Max stated as Cal looked towards the redhead, his eyes wide open, surprised at the bluntness.

"How about we give it a trial run?" Robin suggested. "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack that you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, no,I know you were already screwed, but now you're, like, doubly, triply screwed." Robin rambled, Cal's eyebrows raising slightly as he listened to the girl's speech.

"Wait, wait, wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas suggested, Cal nodding his head in agreement

"'We're one step closer to finding Vecna.'" That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy concluded.

"Yeah, that's a better way to put things." Cal said.

"See, Robin?" Steve asked, mouth full of Pringles. "Positive spin can make all the difference." Cal turned around, grabbing the can from Steve, as Robin hummed.

"One stop eating his food. Two, don't speak with your mouth full" Cal scolded his brother, taking the cap from him as well, before ceiling the chips.

"Oh, shit." Nancy mumbled, catching everyone's attention.

Cal turned back around to the front as he saw police gathered outside of Reefer Rick's house. His eyes slightly widening, realising this must've been where the victim from last night died.