𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚏 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚁𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Fenrys followed behind Brielle out of the training room. His body parallels to hers like the sides of a magnet.

"He'll kill you for this"

He knew she was smiling without even having to look at her face.

"Lorcan has centuries to be mad at me, he'll get over it eventually"

Fenrys reached to clasp her hand which swung at the side of her hip, his fingers wrapped tightly, holding onto the pieces of her which seem to fall apart even more each time he saw her. Brielle's hand tightened around his and Fenrys skipped a step or two to get in line with her, 

"what if Maeve sees?" words a whisper in the air.

Fenrys tried not to let his panic spike at her words, she hadn't turned to look at him when she spoke, trying to keep away the attention of anyone who may be watching. They all knew of how Gavriel lost contact with someone he believed to be his mate, all to keep her safe and far away from the reaches of Maeve. Fenrys didn't have that choice, couldn't make that choice not when Brielle was here with him. Bearing witness to everything Maeve had her do. She needed him, even if she did not voice it.

They rounded a corner of the hallway, a few people were at the end, they dropped their hands, the soldiers'bodies snapped into attention when they passed. 

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this up Fen" 

Her words were hollow, voice broken and when she looked at him, in that moment all he wanted to do was hold her as tight as their bodies would prohibit. His hand found hers once more, pulling them both to a stop. Checking the hallway quickly— the soldier had walked off already.

Tugging her closer by a hand at her waist, clung to the waistband of her training wear, Fenrys looked down at her, head only slightly inclined. Brielle sighed into the space between them, closing her eyes which looked far too heavy to keep open she leaned into his warmth and pressed her forehead to his. 

Fenrys closed his eyes over as well, if someone walked into them he couldn't care less right now in this moment, because everything was well... perfect— she was perfect.

In this moment Maeve could not get them, the blood oaths did not exist, the tension stringing across the two continents was loosening, and Fenrys had already claimed Brielle to be his, in every way possible and in every way that mattered.

"We shall just endure it a little while longer" 

Brielle's responding sigh was heavier than before, she bit into her lower lip and a muscle twitched, as though she were holding in a wall of emotion, a damn of water trying to break out. It hurt him so to see her not open herself in front of him, but she still had things to do.

"Perhaps Aelin of the Wildfire may be able to help us one day" Fenrys knew his words were a stretch, what use would the young queen have for any of them? She already had Rowan and was free of Maeve for now. Though he held out hope, even if it was only a little bit, if not to save him, but at least his brothers and mate.

A pair of footsteps began their way towards them, and some part of him resisted the urge to pull away from Brielle when he could feel her body fighting itself as well. But upon instinct their bodies separated once more, only just in time before Gavriel and Connell appeared at the end of the dimly lit walkway towards their personal quarters.

"Did we interrupt something?" Connell asked the same time Gavriel muttered 

"Please do not mount my sister so quickly, she only just got back" his brow was pinched as he took in their rigid stances and Fenrys couldn't help himself as he replied.