𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

!Trigger warning !

The man's hands stroked up the inside of her thigh, as if laced with poison it burned all of her skin that it touched. She wanted to gouge out his eyes for staring at her, cut off his hands for touching her and rip out his tongue for flirty with her.

Yet the blood oath bound her inside her body, a cage. One made from iron bars of which she could never escape, Trying to remind herself this was just her job, the words had grown worthless after years of repeating it inside her head while person after person fell unwilling into her trap, one which Maeve had precariously set for them both. Brielle may be the one acting as the villain, using her body for information, yet she was the main victim.

Because this could never just be her job, it was her reality.

The man continued to kiss the skin of her neck, her body writhing inside itself, she had to act like their touch was bliss, yet it was like carving a knife into every part of her skin that they touch, a fire burning her from the inside out. A cage of which she could not escape.

She would not be caged.

Caged.

Trapped.

The dull eyes burned into her memory, she wanted to scream and cry, but instead she stroked a hand up his chest, she didn't even know his name, didn't want to. Sending her magic into him, searching for every nerve ending and shooting waves of pulsing pleasure through him, in time with his heart so he merely thinks this is his bodies way of a reaction.

Her reactions were not real.

not real.

not real.

never real.

He was real. Fenrys. What they had was real. Not Real. She would not be caged. Not Real. Caged, Not real.

Brielle jolted up on the bed, hand flying to her chest, 

It's not real, 

simply a dream.

 Not real, Except for the parts were it was, a memory, not a dream. 

 A distant reality she could never truly escape.

Fenrys sat up beside her, his eyes still hooded over with sleep, his hand came to rest against her side.

"Bree?" his heavy voice spoke, that voice was real, he was real. She swallowed hard trying to remind herself of that. 

Grabbing tight to his hand at her side, Brielle leaned into him, resting her forehead to his, he matched the pressure she pressed there, still half asleep he peppered a slight kiss to her cheek bone. Her skin fired to life where his lips had been, Real.

She was free to do what she wanted right now, her body was her own, she was not caged.

☽⋆❈⋆☾

"The old bird still owns me a tattoo" Brielle muttered as she walked into the dining chamber, where an abundance of soldiers sat around eating, her own sentries sat together on a table at the far side of the room.

Gavriel was the first to look up a her, head slightly tilted, "Rowan?"

Brielle nodded, sitting beside them looking around their table, Only Fenrys and Gavriel were present, she wondered where Lorcan had gone off to, He still hadn't talked to her properly beyond a few words since she left him in the training room overnight a few weeks ago.

"If we see him again" Fenrys ruffed while spooning food into his mouth.

"He only left this continent a few week ago"