𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

The warmth emanating from the solid male beside her shifted, a broad strong arm pulling her in closer. His fingers hooking onto her exposed skin, her flesh tingling under his touch.

The press of her mates lips shot fire skittering along the back of her neck, the kisses were slow and meaningful, savouring the moments they had laying in the small lodging room. Brielle cast her eyes to the bed on the other side of the room, Gavriel's scent was a faint lining in the air. Wherever her brother had gone off to last night she didn't know, but her cheeks heated at the idea he could have been able to sense what they were doing had he come close enough to the room. Hoping to catch a wink of sleep in his bed.

The kissing at the back of her neck ceased, and Fenrys gave a small tug at the jutting bone of her hip, Brielle swiveled around so she now faced him. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were still hooded from the dregs of lost sleep.

Wedging her body in closer, Brielle shook a hand free from under the covers, bringing it up to cup the exposed side of his neck, thumb rubbing circles into his jaw. The bone was taught under the brush of her finger, 

"What troubles you my love?"

Fenrys' brown pinched, the lines disappearing a second later when he spared a glance between them, "Should I fetch you a tonic?" there was a flicker of worry in his eyes, as he looked back down. Brielle didn't flinch when she felt the cool press of his palm to her lower stomach, 

"I- I know its rare and it's not that I don't want that with you but-"

Brielle inclined her head closer to smooth her lips over his, silencing his rambling. The idea of having a family with him, Carrying their kids, the idea was a warm as any fire inside her. But in a war, it was not safe for a mated female to be pregnant and involved, especially if Maeve could use her and their babe as leverage. 

His expression had softened when she pulled away, "It's okay" trying to make her words as mellow as possible Brielle reached to clasp his hand under the sheets, 

"Don't worry about a tonic, I altered that part of me years ago. I couldn't risk my missions doing permanent damage to my life, especially due to the nature of my tasks "

Brielle didn't tread too much on the idea that those changes she made might now be irreversible after so many years, instead she pulled from his arms, throwing the sheets back she rose up from off the bed, there was a breeze in the room that cause goosebumps to erupt like tiny volcanos on her skin. Up her bare legs and the exposed skin of her sides, she felt ever slowing inch of her mates eyes scanning her body.

The sun had already started to rise above Skulls Bay. The noise of people milling about in the streets below. The day waited for no man, so it had started without them.

Brielle didn't doubt the Heir of fire had already started her day, getting to work. The pair of them best be getting down there soon, otherwise they may get left behind.

Brielle welcomed the feeling of her mates gaze on her while she moved around, searching for her shirt.

"Put mine on" came the sleep heavy voice from the bed, All to slowly she swept her eyes back to the bed, were Fenrys lay, Head propped up by a hand. It only took her a couple steps to get to his side of the small bed, where his shirt had been discarded, he was staring at her with an expression she couldn't quite read, 

"That way everyone will know your mine." He was grinning, playful and wonderfully beautiful.

The notion smacked her in the chest, it felt strange to openly be able to acknowledge their bond, now that Maeve knew and had admitted to knowing, they was no longer had a need to hide their mate bond.