Day for the Dead

☽ -Doranelle, Camp two days before- ☾

Armed with nothing more then her sweet smile and secrets Brielle strode straight through the camp surrounding the city walls. 

"You sure this is going to work?" Connall was taking relaxed strides to stay at her side, hands stuffed into the warmth in the pockets of the breeches he wore.

"Nope." She popped the 'p' with all the enthusiasm she willed herself to have in hopes it may salvage some of her sanity. 

Connall looked almost perplexed at the mere sound of her amusements. "If you don't believe this will work, why are we doing it?" His expression contorted as his brow pinched

Brielle wouldn't stop to answer him. Just kept walking unable to hide the excitement in her grin. Despite her efforts to get ahead she couldn't get away from him, his longer legs and strides making an easy task of the distance she covered with extra effort. 

"Eh.. Because why not?" She allowed herself to relax. This was going to work, It had to.

"Maeve might kill us if she finds out about this" The lack of enthusiasm in his tone struck her. It was that fact that so often parted him from his brother, Brielle sighed heavily at the memory of her mate, her powers prickling at the rage she fought to keep contained.

"All the more reason to" Conall was watching, ready to meet her stare when she looked back at him to speak, They both strolled around a group of soldiers that were playing a card game atop an old wooden ale barrel.

The pair fell into a comfortable silence making their way to the camps central war tent. The captains often held their meetings within. The perfect place for a female to stir up shit and create devilish amount of pure unhinged chaos. The best sort in her opinion.

Flashing a warm smile at Connall, she could sense his attention lingering on her face, pulling away she moved to the entrance of the meeting tent.

Throwing back the material door, Brielle slowed her approach whistling lowly. The inside of the tent was huge and as warm as the air outside. A large round table sat in its centre atop a raised platform. It was at this table the Captains of Maeve's army now sat. A perfect sort of peaceful she relished to destroy.

Brielle moved. Conall following her towards the table. An innocent smile plastered her lips, or at least the most innocent smile she could muster.

The group of captains frowned at her approach flowing up the steps with all the grace a fae female possessed, moving around the platform Brielle turned sightly, gesturing for her mates brother to follow.

"We didn't request any of her majesty's Commanders to this meeting." Brielle narrowed her eyes on the group, noting how some of them winced at his words. Not that many of Maeve's Cadre of warriors remained, many of them lost to a foreign queen.

"I think my presence will prove vital to this meeting."

"I'm not so sure we can agree on that... Commander "

That voice. Brielle tried to not let is grate her nerves, Turning she rested her full attention on the smirking Lord Zakurio.

He stayed unmoving  a image of Captains's prowess, Captain Zakurio had been one of the first captains to face her that night before the beach, amongst Maeve's armada. Before the queen had found her and Vera on those ships, persuading the captains to fight against their loyalties to Maeve. Before Maeve had encased Aelin inside that metal box.

Her power rose to the surfaces, tightening her skin in response of those memories. Brushing her sweat slicked palms off on her thigh, Brielle met Zakurio's gaze across the table, he shifted as the thrum of her magic warmed the air, a wild feral thing puling at the leash to be released.