Lies born from Truths.

The dagger in her hand was knocked flying when Rowan's shoulder slammed into her side, arms wrapping around her in a tackle, ducking his head low to avoid the blade.

The force of his body against her own had definitely broken a rib, but that pain didn't matter, not as she lay on the ground. Whitethorn using his full weight to pin her down, even as she twisted to be released in a flurry of movement so frenzied a nerve popped in his forehead.

The other males scattered into action as Rowan began to struggle against Brielle. She thrashed violently to buck from his grip. Fenrys too stunned to do anything but watch his mate, near rabid fight against one of her oldest friends. Eye wide with a ferocity he had only seen once before.

"What the fuck!" Fenrys yelled, over the sound of Brielle's struggle. Jerking her shoulder, Rowan slipped away from his secure position. Twisting from her waist, the muscles contracting in her torso, Brielle snapped up, pulling for a dagger at her back, She raced for who was closest now.

Trying to rein in her own body was like, pulling down a rampaging beast. Stopping a lightning bolt before it hit the ground. Damn near impossible to slow or stop, tears streaked down her cheek, and Gavriel ducked from her swing. They moved in tandem, toned bodies twisting fast and furious. 

Every hit she flung his way, he deflected, but never once countered the movements. He would tire before her, the ancient magic spurring her blood on in a thrum so loud in her head it drowned out all other noise.

A stronger, set of arm wrapped around her waist, another trapping her arms behind her back, she kicked out. But Lorcan didn't relent, throwing her body across the way. Closer to Whitethorn. The force knocked the wind from her lungs when she landed on her already bruising ribs, Everything around her was a blur, a haze. 

"Brielle!" Fenrys' voice did nothing other then snap her attention to him, 

No

no

no

no

This couldn't happen, She couldn't let it. Not while she still breathed.

From the way, Rowan and Lorcan tagged teamed her movement, delaying the inevitable. She knew the bastard wouldn't keep to his promise. Knew he wouldn't end it. End her. She couldn't live with it if, not if she hurt them. Not him, Never  him.

Lorcan, unlike the others seemed to have little issue with countering her shots, she felt the pain as his curled fist cracked against her jaw, even through the haze she heard the distinct male growl from the wolf. But that didn't deter them from trying to pin her down, drop her like some feral animal. 

Her movements were their own, for they had trained those instincts into her, The movements were her. So attuned that they no longer belonged to the males, not as they now struggled to predict her action beforehand. With no way of preempting it, simple surviving each hit with their reflexes.

Brielle twisted to avoid Lorcan's grip, slinking behind him, she felt the magic constrict her, funnelling her onwards to where Fenrys began to approach. Panic flared her eyes wide, when she felt the blooming of her last magic reserve begin to rise inside, drawing it up for a finishing blow.

A scream mewled from her when she resisted the oath long enough to pull a blade from the leather strap of her thigh, it felt like every bone in her body was cracking under the pressure of the oath when she flicked the blade, not to the wolf but towards her own body,