𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

The Adarlan coastline, its beaches lined with golden sand, and cliffs scaling upwards overhead, the rocks jagged from years of weathering. Yes, it was still something to marvel at despite the heard of dangers lurking within.

The air was cool when she breathed it in, nostrils flaring, the scent of salt causing Brielle to scrunch her face up with disgust as the strong smell of seaweed, that laid exposed on the open waterline burned the back of her throat. Damn Fae sense of smell. 

Getting into Rifthold would not be an easy feat, but Brielle could not go to Skulls Bay until she knew this had been taken care of, despite her chest aching to go even further away from Fenrys. 

He might stay there waiting for her,  ever second her command weighing heavier on her shoulders. But with every minute and day that went by, was a day closer to seeing Fenrys once more.

Brielle upon seeing it had been thrilled the first time she gazed upon the sights the Coastline Adarlan had to offer, its beauty hiding the thing they called king. But it hadn't mattered, because the sky had been colourful with a rising morning sun and the air had been warmer then.

This time however, Brielle couldn't help but refrain from bringing back those memories as the heavens opened and cold, bullet of rain brutalised her exposed skin. No, this time around Brielle wasn't as thrilled to see the coastline or what elements it would throw at her.

That had been about two days ago, and yet the rain still hadn't stopped, Getting into Rifthold with a legion of Ironteeth guarding its walls, and their beast patrolling its skies would be far from easy, but no less fun. The news of the cities sacking had reached her when she was docking in a little town a couple days away from the capital. The townsfolk had cowered from their own words when they whispered them. Fearful that somehow the Witches might hear them and come to their town next.

Brielle had met a couple Witches in her lifetime, the Ironteeth interested her, but the Crochans were a race Brielle could respect, not just for their feats in the earlier wars, but also for their acknowledgeable bravery, and for going up against Witches far more attuned to brutal force and a dying thirst for blood, no matter the species.

In the time towards the overrun city, Brielle had kept an eye to the sky, but no Witch or beast had been seen. She supposed that was something to be grateful for, but after her encounter while leaving Wendlyn Brielle wouldn't deny she wanted to fight something that could at least match her in a fight, those things, whatever they were, had merely been child's play. Her first training sessions with her brother's friends had been harder than that.

The wind now nipped at her forearms; a chill running up her spine at the sight she now gazed upon. In the distance, Ironteeth with their long needle like talons, and lithe bodies were stationed around the buildings— or what had been left of them— the gigantic reptilian Beasts perched beside their riders on the spines of the crumpling homes. Their bodies dwarfing the buildings around them, Dirty looking hooks tipped the ends of each wings which were tucked into the sides of the beasts.  Had Brielle not worried for her own safety in those moments she would have been fighting a silent burst of excitement at the prospects of fighting on the back of one of those huge airborne beasts. The image of the carnage she could cause had some ancient power sitting itself inside her chest.

Gripping the sides of her cloak, Brielle buried that thought into her mind, despite how much her body longed to fight beside the ancient species, Brielle now had the task of getting past them. A Witches' senses could easily match that of her own, and her stomach curled a little at how good the Wyvern's senses must be.

From where she stood, on the hillside, Brielle counted at least ten Ironteeth, each with their own Wyverns. The knowledge that there would be more within the walls of the city did cause Brielle to nearly turn back. But as the leader of her spy court, it came as no surprise that Brielle knew of another way into the capital.