Blackmail it shall be

The deck was a flurry of overwhelming panic as bodies swarmed onto watch the oncoming Armada, from which there was no escape. Not as a single rowboat approached. Bearing little more then a messenger.

Something wasn't right, Brielle could feel it. Like a prickle of uncertainty she stayed close to the railing listening to the others as they planned. In no way was her blundering panic helped as Fenrys yet again refused to meet her stare from across where she stood. His unmoveable presence stayed deathly still, those broad arms folded securely across his chest.

Eventually she stopped looking all together, choosing to move to the side of her spies, the four Pride members standing as one. Closely packed that no one else took any notice of when a letter was passed between them.

Brielle had shoved it into the inside pocket of her cloak for the time being, edging herself back into the conversation around them.

With the initial panic mulling over, Brielle spied the flash of golden hair as Aelin dipped back inside, Whitethorn in tow. With their movement, many dispersed, leaving small pockets of bodies gathered.

The Pride members included.

Ignoring the presence of Fenrys when he passed to following those going inside, Brielle waved away the concerned looks on the faces of the spies. The trio spoke nothing of the interaction or rather lack there of.

"I need you guys to get rest." Despite the mask of metal covering half of her face, Merle managed to reflect a surprising amount of emotion through her features.

"You expect us to wait around knowing you're scheming?" She lifted her good eyebrow high, folding both arms across her chest. The strap of knives there, shimmering in the dull moonlight above.

The weight of the letter was getting heavier, at their refusal to leave, Brielle pulled out the envelope, nicking her nail beneath the seal she ripped it clean in a quick swipe. Pulling the parchment from within, she made quick work of the information.

It was nothing she hadn't gotten before, the information nothing shocking. It was the most recent spy reports she had sent for from Doranelle, the secrets alite a fire in her blood.

"What's our play?" Alexi was bouncing foot to foot where he stood, a attempt to keep warm. Vera who still only worn the silk like azure dress, rolled her eyes at him.

"You go sleep," Brielle suppressed the smile on her lips,

Merle's smirk was devious, ruffling his hair with a hand, "We all know the child needs his beauty sleep before a fight"

Alexi swatted Merle's hands away, "Get off! I don't need beauty sleep" his demand was like a toddler insisting they were not tired, whilst trying to evade the claws of sleep.

Vera laughed lightly, a sound which eased into Brielle's blood,

"Watch it, he's getting cranky now"

Alexi swore, rubbing a hand across his forehead, across the horizontal crescent shaped tattoo there. "Fuck, I need Colden back. I can't deal with you females alone."

"So. . . do you spend a lot of time alone with your hand? Or do you need Colden to help with your females then too?" Vera laughed, Alexi scowled back playfully.

Brielle quickly folded the letter back into her pocket, jerking her head towards the steps leading into the rooms, "Seriously go rest up, I need to think without the bickering noises of you children,"

Alexi gawked to retort when Merle jabbed a pointed elbow into his ribs, cutting off his breath, the pair moved off shoving one another followed by Vera.