𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚆𝚊𝚜

The Coastline air blew cold across the ships deck, but the wind did little too cool the sweating bodies on board. Despite the chill, the sun was blisteringly strong above them. The rays going unnoticed by those training on the main deck, unfazed by the reddening of their skin.

Brielle watched Alexi drop and roll across, a small half sword in hand, Gavriel poised a stance away. Vera with her dark hair pulled back. Positioned a few paces from Alexi and Gavriel, she was matching each of Rowan's hit. It was relentless.

Training with immortal warriors with centuries of fighting experience was no easy feat. Brielle could remember when she would come to visit her brother before she was blood sworn, It was Gavriel and Rowan who oversaw her training before she settled into her immortality. They hadn't been easy on her then, just as they weren't on her spies now, nor did she expect them to be.

She trained her spies to peak condition, spying was easy but getting away if you'd been caught was the harder part and getting caught in their line of work was not an option.

Alexi swung upward for her brother, he spun backwards, dodging with the ease of a snake delivering a lethal blow to its prey. Vera seemed to have more luck, preempting Rowan's advance, she tripped him up with the tip of her blade, Rowan went down with a thump and a curse, but was quick to his feet when she swung for him once more.

"You trained them yourself?" The King of Adarlan was watching the fighting as he questioned her, his young eyes tracking the movement and advances of each Fae body whirling and launching into an attack.

"Each of us train our own soldiers, Brielle's spies are no exception" 

The smirk spread onto her mates face before he'd even finished his sentence, Brielle couldn't help admiring the beauty of his expression when he tilted his head to look at her. The air in her throat begun to swell, the smile of Fenrys Moonbeam would officially be the death of her, no glorified song of her death for around a campfire. A hand slide into her own, she could feel ever callus and perfect imperfection on his hands. She squeezed, and he returned it, turning back to watch the sparring.

"So how far is your reach of spies?"

When she slide her gaze to Dorian once more, she lifted a brow to meet him when he finally moved his attention from the fighting, 

"Revealing my stretch of secrets would be betraying my own advantages. I am still in operation, much more work can get done in the shadows of the world then global beliefs suggests."

Brielle couldn't entirely decipher whether the look evident on the kings face was sprouted from fear or curiosity.

"Do you act out of Rifthold at least?"

"The Capital of Adarlan? Of course" The first part of her statement made Dorian feel slightly inadequate in his knowledge, as though asking such questions were for those without common sense. Brielle gestured her head towards the nimble body of Alexi as he leaned backwards, the angle an unnatural sort of bend for ones back whilst standing on both feet. "Alexi is the division commander for our guild in Rifthold"

Dorian looked back towards the young Fae spy, who continued to hold his own out against her brother. 

"And... The Pride?" Brielle could see Fenrys smirk from the corner of her eyes, she cleared her throat before looking back to the Young King. His expression wary.

"Alexi and Vera are part of the seventeen Pride members, Yes." There was a breathy gasp on her other side, Fenrys clearly tried to hide it but she had already heard the surprise it implored, She had never openly admitted to the exact number of members there was within the ranks of The Pride. There was once more then seventeen, but the ages had made her learn the difficult lessons.