𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚊𝚛 𝙽𝚘𝚠

Alexi could feel the hot breath of the Wyvern behind him, leaping across the gap in a building he whipped free a dagger that was strapped to his torso under the fold of his thin lined cloak.

The tiles on the slanted roof slid out of place when he landed on it, when he began to slide in the same direction Alexi braced his body, riding down with the tiles which had once been attached, the gutter of the roof jutted out at the edge, he could see its black outlining approaching as he slide closer.

Alexi laughed, his chest hurting from the lack of air that wasn't in his lungs. He had one chance at this to get it right. but he wasn't the Phantom for nothing.

There was a yell from the Witch that steered the airborne beast chasing him across the skyline of Rifthold. Her frustration coming out in a roar of anger, these women really scared the shit out of him. The end of the roof was coming closer, the surface finally disappearing from beneath his feet, twisted his body around Alexi became face to face with the jaws of the beast, flicking his wrist he threw the couple of daggers, one going straight for the Ironteeth, she leant back in the saddle keeping her in place, the dagger missing its mark. 

The air was whooshing around him, he had seconds left before it would be too late. Lurching the arm around and releasing the dagger, it sailed finding its mark in the right eyes of the Wyvern.

The Beast made a howling sound that was so inherently wrong Alexi almost completely missed his window, hands reaching up his fingers wrapped around the gutter of the roof. Wet Moss brushed against his fingertips.

More tiles and brick rained downwards to the street below when the Wyvern's huge body was thrown off, falling victim to its own momentum, the beast clawing for grip in the bricks on either side of him. The Witch went down with it, Alexi looked down seeing her fierce expression as she leaned into her mounts back, a snarl breaking through her lips. He physically shivered.

The gutters edge was cutting into his palm the lead sharp from the tiles scarping across it like sandpaper, pulling upwards Alexi hauled his body back onto the edge of the roof. Hands rested against the cage of his chest; it rose rapidly as he panted catching his breathe. Gods he seriously can't be this unfit. Rolling over the edge to look back into the alleyway the Wyvern lay still.

Laughing breathlessly, Alexi pulled an arm free, sending a vulgar gesture in their direction.

"Can't kill this awesomeness Bitch" chuckling once more, Alexi sat up watching the still unmoving beast. He seriously just took down that beast and its rider, who was centuries older than him. 

Leaning back to look at his accomplishment once more, Alexi stiffened when the Wyvern's beady orange eyes snapped open, the pupil dilated, honing onto him.

"Shit!"

Pushing up onto grip to the loose tiles, Alexi thrust himself up into a run, leaping for the next roof over. The estate house was only a couple of streets away, Commander Brielle could help him. There was a roar behind him and as though fire was nipping at his heel, Alexi ran faster ignoring the burn that spread through his thighs and calves.

Glancing back over his shoulder, the shadows rose with the bleeding Wyvern. The darkness of its scaled flesh shifted as it climbed the side of the building. It's white dagger like teeth parting the colour, jaw unhinging to showcase the lethal rows.  Yeah, Brielle would be the better idea.

☽⋆❈⋆☾

"You got blood on my shirt" Was the words that left Brielle lips when Titas stood staring down at her. Something about them seemed appropriate.

"What do you want Wench" Titas spat, hand still tightly gripped to the crossbow. At least she could be thankful that he hadn't reloaded it again.

Still on the ground of the estate house's front room, Brielle crosses her legs at the ankles and leaned her head back. Smiling with her lips parted, "Well that depends on how much you can offer me"