𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎

"I liked your hair longer" Fenrys drawled, nor him or Gavriel so much as flinching when Rowan's dagger embedded into the wall beside his head. The resounding thud as it broke into the wood had Fenrys smiling wider.

It riled the other male up more when Fenrys continued to smirk, giving a quick amused glance to the dagger still vibrating from the sheer force that thumped it into the doorway,

Fenrys shot a quipped look and smirk at the Whitethorn, "Was your aim that shitty when you cut your own hair?"

A dark haired man was stood behind Rowan and both Gavriel and Fenrys could feel his magic stalking into the air of the room, prowling like a nimble feline figure, He was young, but his power was old. Fenrys could smell the magic pulsing in his veins, its presence pushing against their own power, a stroke of curiosity flourished through it, like the deadly curiosity of a cat.

"Rowan, put your blades down. We're not here for you" Gavriel said, directing a hand at Rowan, Fenrys' amused expression casted across to their old friend, if they could even call their relationship that, and smiled.

The man behind Rowan watched carefully, his eyes scanning and taking them in, the same way his magic was doing. Fenrys itched to make a retort about the man's magic but was cut short when Rolfe spoke from beside his desk, gloved hand rested on his desk. Gathering himself the attention of the four magic wielders.

"I take it you know each other"

The pair by the door stood in silence as Rowan shifted his weight on one foot, a hand still taught around the handle of his blades, "Gavriel and Fenrys used to...work with me"

Something unnerved in the dark haired man behind Rowan when their old friend turned to explain to him, 

"They are blood sworn to Maeve. As I used to be"

Rolfe was leaning further against his desk, some sort of fascination dancing in his sea-green eyes as he looked back and forth across the room, assessing each of the Fae warriors, weighing up their words, while running a hand through his hair, the glove moving aside, a peak of the rumoured ink marring his hands—the legendary map that was hidden there.

Fenrys was grinning once more when Rowan turned back to them, finally sheathing his weapons "What is you business with Rolfe?"

Gavriel tilted forward from beside him slightly, as though he was about to answer, but Rolfe took the liberty, waving a gloved hand in their direction, "They're bearers of the news I promised you— among other things"

Rowan's dark stare moved back to them, the muscles in his shoulders relaxing a small fraction, the air of magic in the room diminished as the young man behind him relaxed, it was appeasing to know they didn't see them as such a threat right now. The notion that, that could change had Fenrys biting down on a small laugh.

"We were just sitting down for lunch" he mused, tilting his head back slightly, "Shall we?" Feeling satisfied with the pissed off look on Whitethorn's face, Fenrys prowled from the room as Gavriel talked to Rowan,

He faintly heard the mention of 'King of Adarlan', the dark raven haired man with Rowan he realised, but that thought was abandoned when Gavriel said, voice raised slightly,

"You know how cranky Fenrys gets when he doesn't eat"

"I heard that" he yelled back as he continued on down to the bar, walking through the empty room to a table at the back, which Gavriel and him had vacated before as they sat down to eat. It was only a second later that the rest arrived at the table he waited at, bowls filled with steaming food in front of him.

Gavriel took a seat at his side, and hesitated a question while he pulled out a chair.

"Is..." Fenrys saw the look Gavriel shot at Rowan, a wary glance, as if he knew the mention of his question might set Rowan off, Fenrys swallowed, if only to wet his throat at the idea of what Rowan had done to cities much bigger then Skull's bay, what he might do if Gavriel didn't word his question correctly.