𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙰𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐

It has been less then a week since her mate and brother had left Doranelle and still Brielle couldn't shake the feeling of unavoidably disaster soon to consume them all. The magic in her blood sat on edge, the warmth of it was a constant feeling dancing in the end of her fingertips, a tingling sensation. It sat in her chest, leaving her, at times, breathless.

She needed to release it before she snapped, Teyra and Isaiah were with her somewhere, or in fact she had left and simply knew they had followed her. She had ditched her horse about a mile back and had venture the rest on foot, the climb up the rocky hill side was burning every muscle in her legs, but the pressure building under her skin pushed her to keep moving.

The top was nearing in sight as Brielle stumbled around and onto a big rock, her grip on the power inside almost slipped but she held tight, after decades of wielding her magic she was still to understand some of it.

Gavriel had been helping her to understand it, as their magic weren't too dissimilar to each others. The same but different. 

Brielle's legs felt about ready to snap in half when she finally got to the top, the wind rushing into her hair which was pulled back into a braid rested against her spine. Standing up straight and ignoring the burn still present in her lower leg Brielle focused inside herself, to the riling magic deep within. Tunnelling down and grasping it she began to pull it to the surface, through all its resistance she still pulled, even if her magic fought her ever step of the way.

Sending out a wave of warning, she could only hope that Teyra and Isaiah had stayed a safe distance away as she let the magic inside her snap, in a wave so violent the air around her seemed to crack in resistance, sealing her eyes shut so tight it hurt the muscles in her face, Brielle could hear screams in her head of what that wave could have done if it had been focused at living beings.  The screams got louder inside her head, banging to get out, if this was the price to pay for her power she didn't want it anymore. 

If time slowed or sped up Brielle couldn't tell, the air was cooling and the patter of rain met her skin, her chest tightened and a warmth like no other began to pour into her, a rush of power surged upwards,

Two figures appeared at the edge of the cliff, Brielle tried to scream out a warning but no words broke out, Teyra's features were pinched in worry, Isaiah had hold of her arm, 

The pressure was building closer to the surface, Brielle braced 

Brielle arched forwards and threw out a hand, with the control she did have she casted a shield around her two friends. They both ducked down when it happened, bodies huddled together bracing for the impact that Brielle wouldn't let touch them.

Then Brielle's world exploded, power shot from her in all directions, in a wave bigger and stronger then the last, trying to put a stop to it and reign it all back in Brielle screamed, a battled raged inside her against herself. Burnout was drawing near, a blessing that the magic would stop. There was another crack, like thunder in the sky, then the world fell into darkness.

~

When she awoke the air was no longer cold but instead the exact opposite and a familiar earthy scent surrounded her. It couldn't be him, yet that didn't stop Brielle from snapping her eyes open and looking to the figure beside her, ever sense of her room felt wrong to her now, this was not her home, but a cage. Her thoughts drifted to the words Fenrys had spoken so tenderly to her, a warmth grew in her, the future they could have. In a world which did not exist. Brielle squinted with all the energy she had in her to focus on the figure beside her bed.

But it was not the blonde hair, Fae warrior she was expecting to see at her bed side, instead his brother was in his place. Connell met her stare, a small smile on his lips as if he too realised he was not the male she longed for. Yet didn't say anything about the subject as he leaned closer, gripping to her hand.