𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝

There was a crack of dry wood when the girl leapt down from the roof, running from and almost getting caught by an angry shopkeeper was not how she expected her afternoon to go. But here she was,

The stuffy air making the inside of her throat scratchy, swiftly in one movement she pulled the cloth up over to cover her mouth and nose,

"Get back here boy" a man shouted from above, he was a man of heavy eating, compared to her youthful pace she was surprised he could even keep up in the first place.

The girl looked up at the wall she had jumped off, the crooked coal smudged face of the shopkeeper peered down from above. 

The capital city in the Southern Continent was bustling with life, and The Thief would wield it like any blade.

Smirking she waved up to the shopkeeper, before rolling off the wood planks of a market stall roof, landing with a feline grace.
With one last quick check to make sure her masks and hood were still in place, covering her face. If the shopkeeper believed her to be the opposite sex, then so be it. Made her life a hell of a lot easier when it came to escaping Royal Guards.

The stone of the street was coated with dust blown off the walls of the sandstone buildings,

Taking off into a run, she weaved through the crowd, brushing between bodies tightly packed together in the midst of the mid day markets.

An older man with a inflamed red scar running down the side of his face glowered at her when she banged into him, folding into a quick bow and shouting out an apology, she continued to move.

When the girl was a few places from the man she unfurled her fist, looking down to the pouch of coins she had swiped from his inside pocket.

Smirking she slipped it carefully inside her clothes, securing it into place she was off once more, moving through the city like a shadow, unnoticed, unbothered. If was the skill she had taught herself to master, after being alone for so many years and on the streets, one learns quickly how to survive.

Stealing the fortune of others was her workforce, at sixteen years old she had picked more pockets then a fully trained pickpocket who had years of experience stacked against her.

That didn't matter, not anymore, her world had changed and the opportunity of life became vast once more.

The busy city streets gave way to a quieter walkway that led to a dark tower. Guards were stationed at its entrance from the walkway. As seen by their rigid 'stick up their arses' postures as she preferred to call it.

The Torre Cesme was the biggest collection of healers in the world, all as highly trained in there trade as she was. Most she didn't put up with, though many claimed to help, sometime she found the healers inside weren't the nicest of people.

She passed the guards with ease, dragging a foot a step behind herself holding a hand to her thigh, lisping out a grunt as though her limp caused her physical pain. The two men allowed her in without a second thought. Fools.

Letting a Pride member into one of the south's most prized buildings, besides the palace. Some guards they were.

Being inside the buildings did little to allow her body to escape the heat from outside, the cool stone hallways chilling the air a little, it cleared her lungs. But that was it.

Sticking to the back passages she made her way up to the work stations of the healers,

There was faint noises of pain and discomfort coming from behind each door she passed but the door she aimed for emitted no noise. As it so often did.