𝙰 𝙿𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎

☽ - Assassin's Blade Years  - ☾

Brielle pulled the hood further up to cover her face, the rain continuing to hammer down hard, she could feel it like tapping against her skin. Hid in an alley in the city of Rifthold, the sky was darkening above her and that wasn't just because the clouds blanketing the air, consuming the city in its wrath and storm. The air was chilled while she slipped under the archway of the greying building and out onto the crowded street.

She felt the eyes tracking her, the prick of them all observing the stranger moving through their mist, she had to get into cover soon before any of them figured out what she was. She was without her powers, but not powerless and certainly not alone.

She caught the sight of the figures movement as they mirrors hers from the opposite side of the cobblestones streetway. Carriages moved between them yet the two figures kept pace with her own. They too wore the same leathers and dark hood pulled up over their own head, hiding the obviously pointed ears.

Teyra pulled Isaiah along the road with her, Brielle sped around an elderly couple strolling along at their own pace,  The cobble stone pathway was wet underfoot yet when the road was cleared of horses and carriages, Brielle made a quick dash across them, hoping her shoes had enough grip to keep her upright. A solitary hand held her hood in place as the wind rushed against her cheeks.

Teyra halted with Isaiah at her side, his head inclined to watch down the street. 

"You sure this is the right way?" his voice was hushed by the bustling noise surrounding them in the early night city air, the rain dripping from the front of their hoods. Yet as she approached Brielle could see his dark oaken brown eyes scanning everything to the old women walking down the street her back curled over a stick in hand to hold herself up. He didn't look at her as he continued to assess their surroundings, unnerved as though even his own skin drawn across his bones was causing discomfort. Being in an unknown city where your kind were hunted could do that to someone.

"This way" Brielle said in passing, they turned to follow without a word or question.

The trio stalked along the same street for a few more minutes, weaving in and around people as they moved, coming to a side street Brielle stopped looking down at it she paused.

Reaching into the inside pocket of her leathers, she pulled out the note, the rain had made the paper damp, folding it back up and slipping it away she ran the words through her mind once more.

"Second floor, fourth window along" she muttered under her breath, Teyra appeared in her peripheral looking at the building they were to venture into. 

"Why do I get the sense the owner of that knows how to protect themselves" she jutted her chin in the buildings direction.

"Security detail stretches around the whole building" Isaiah was at Brielle's other side now. She knew he would scout out the building before they were due to enter tonight. This loyalty to their lives going further then death itself, and if he could prevent that for any of them Brielle knew he would.

"Two visible watchmen at the entrances, three more hidden at each" 

Brielle mulled over his words, who ever this person was they knew how to protect them self, and had reason to have such security. However over her passing with this client, she had puzzled that he didn't own this, not with how desperate he sounded in their letters. If he had the money as this owner clearly does he would have helped himself instead of getting her to come across to Erilea. No he was not the owner of this building, but perhaps the owner was his master.

"Not anything we haven't dealt with before, use the rain and shadows as coverage, and stay behind me" Brielle looked to both her sentries, her friends. They both gave responding nods. Brielle pulled her hood up a little higher on her head.