v. awakening the past

. ˚ ᵎ
⋆ * ☽

 THROUGHOUT HER TIME IN JACKSON, Wyoming, Rue seemed to find herself preoccupied with lending her hand out to the community as much as she could

  Helping others when she could, meant a lot to her since it's a rare thing for her to do— was a rare thing for her to do.

  But, not only did she spend time working, she also spent time with her new friends.

  It started with Jesse getting the idea to "crash" a movie night that was hosted for the children in Jackson. So, the four party-wreckers did so; only for it to result in them enjoying the movie, but that's a secret that'll be kept between them.

  Then, Rue thought it would be a good idea to

  There were the occasional movie nights that would happen with Dina bringing alcohol with her (even if everyone declared on staying sober to actually watch the movie).

  Bonfire's some teens would host inside and outside of Jackson which was always accompanied by weed. Every time Jesse would get high he'd forget how to function— turning into a laughing fit and tripping over his shoes.

  For the past month, Rue's soul has been filled with laughter and solace. Rue loved every bit of being around them. The feeling of security overtook her body whenever she was with them, she declared to cherish every second.

  But in particular, you'd always see her with Ellie.

  Ever since their encounter with each other on their first patrol together, they've hung out almost every day. They seemed to enjoy each other's company within the small period they met.

  They've started to do patrol training together. Critiquing each other's techniques to help improvement— and always worked wonders.

  The two would hang out at each other's homes. Accidentally falling asleep or staying up late laughing at each other's jokes. Even if they would have to wake up super early for patrol, they didn't mind.

  They'd show each other their collection of things; Ellie finally showing her, her collection of Savage Starlight comic books, and Rue showing her collection of cassette tapes.

  Little did they know they'd have more in common than they thought, calling each other "the coolest person" they've ever met.

  Ellie would invite Rue over for a game of Mad Demon on her PS3, swearing she'd beat her and if she won, Rue would have to do Ellie's chores for a week.

"FIGHT!"

"Aren't you ready?" Rue's character taunts as she presses the green triangle button with a wicked smile.

Ellie lets out a scoff as her character uses its foot to plunge into Rue's skull, continuing her ongoing cartwheel kick attack as Rue tries her best to block.