vi. more than words

.  ˚ ᵎ 
      ⋆* ☽

 "HE'S JUST— UGH! I DON'T KNOW!" Dina's rant about her recent breakup with her ex-boyfriend Jesse neared its end, or so Rue and Ellie thought

"HE'S JUST— UGH! I DON'T KNOW!" Dina's rant about her recent breakup with her ex-boyfriend Jesse neared its end, or so Rue and Ellie thought. She's been expressing her anger toward the situation for what felt like hours.

"Like, how could he trade in the blanket I took my time to find for him just for him to be like "Well, I didn't know you'd think much of it." Of course, I would! I should've kept that fucking blanket for myself!"

Rue sat on Ellie's grey couch with a sucked-in smile she's tried her hardest to conceal after hearing Dina mock Jesse's voice when re-enacting his words. Unfortunately, Rue's attempt fell short as Ellie caught on and accidentally made eye contact with her, causing them to erupt in laughter.

"Guys. Seriously?" Dina said in a dead tone as she stood with her arms open in a what the fuck? gesture.

"Sorry! It's just that— Maybe you two should talk it out," Ellie stood from the couch to put the plate that had leftover cookie crumbs in the sink.

"Yeah, what if it's a misunderstanding?" Rue shrugs her shoulders as she hugs her knees against her chest.

"How is trading something your girlfriend was so kind enough to gift you a misunderstanding? I mean yeah, I traded one of his items before but—"

"You did what?!"

"Dina!"

"This isn't even about me!"

Rue leaned her forehead against her knees to try and put the missing pieces of this confusing relationship puzzle together. Ellie told Dina that relationship conflicts can only be solved when you talk about them with your significant other— then she changed the subject.

"Found another card on patrol this morning..." Ellie trails off as she digs her hand in her back pocket, pulling out a heroic trading card with the name CANDELABRA on the front. Rue and Dina joined her side to take a peek.

Fire came from her hair, eyebrows, and her eyes as well as her hands that glowed against her rich brown skin and high cheekbones. She wore a magenta bodysuit with red outlines across her chest. Her appearance was alluring— at least, that's what Rue thought.

"She's hot."

Rue said those words aloud, not even taking the time to think about what she just said. She knew it was true after all.

Her companions looked at her in surprise for different reasons that Rue didn't know about. She looked at them and laughed in nervousness as she asked them why they were looking at her.

"I... didn't know you were into that kind of thing," Dina replies.

"What? Girls?"

"Yeah?" Dina's words were laced with uncertainty; treading carefully on her words to make sure she doesn't end up saying something wrong.