From Avenger To a Janitor

Welcome to the Villains' world
Prologue (7-9)

Y/n POV

    Grim and I were both winded out from all the fighting to show Crowley what we could do. And I must admit, this felt a little more difficult than the missions I went on. Crowley seemed impressed and he transformed back into his original self.

"...Well?" Grim and I both panted in exhaustion, waiting for a response.

Crowley was surprised by our teamwork. "Incredible... I've never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have. I must confess, my educator's intuition did sense something about you after that brouhaha at orientation, (Y/n). I could tell you had a certain animal trainer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh, yes."

"What am I now, a Pokémon trainer?"

"That being said..." Crowley started to mumble to himself and I couldn't make out what he said. Either way, this is the perfect time to ask him about Grim.

"Hey, Crowley, I was wondering if there was a way for Grim to stay here?"

"WHAT? A monster, stay HERE?" Crowley said in disbelief.

Grim was surprised as well. "Whoa, did you just...?"

"Pleaaaaaaaaase." I had gave him the puppy dog eyes.

"..." He looked away from my direction.

"Pleaaaaaaaaase."

"..." He tried not to give in to those puppy dog eyes

"Pleaaaaaaaaase!?" And that was the last straw.

"Okay! Fine, I suppose I cannot deny your plea. Very well." He agreed.

Grim whispered in my ear and asked, "How'd you do that?"

"It pays being the youngest in the family." I replied, making him confused.

"Let me be clear! Under no circumstances would I admit anyone to Night Raven College who has not been selected by the Dark Mirror—especially not a monster!" He mentioned. "Nor do I intend to allow you, (Y/n), to freeload until you're able to return home."

"Man, and here I thought we were coming to an a agreement..." I sighed and patted Grim's head because he still couldn't get to that school. Making him grumble in disappointment.

"Now, allow me to explain. It was the Dark Mirror that transported you here. Therefore this school does bear some responsibility for your well-being. So I will allow you to remain in this dorm, free of charge. However, you need to pay for you own food and incidentals. As to how you will do so, penniless as you are... Ah. Ah ha. Yes, a fine plan." He chuckled to himself, making me want to "accidentally" kill him already.

Instead of doing that, I had a better plan. I sneaked up behind him and used my powers to get inside his mind and make one of his fears come to life.

"AHHHHHH!" He stepped out of his trance and took a deep breath. He looked directly at me and asked, "What did you do?"

"It's obvious you're trying to use me for something, but I won't let that happen. I'll send you more nightmares if you don't contribute to me."