Follow Your Heart

The Rose-Red Tyrant
(Chapter 28)

3rd POV

After a few days of the Overblot incident, the rose maze was clean and everything was set for the revenge-unbirthday party. Everyone took their seats, waiting for Riddle to make his appearance for the party. The trumpet blew and a Heartslabyul student started to announce Riddle's entrance.

"All hail our leader, the Red Sovereign himself... Housewarden Riddle!"

"We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!" The Heartslabyul students cheered in excitement since they no longer feared Riddle because he changed for the better.

Riddle sat in his seat and checked everything around him was perfect. "Hm. The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white... This seems a proper unbirthday indeed. Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapo—" Before Riddle could check, he stopped himself since he didn't want to remain the same. "Er, well, I suppose it's fine either way."

"Not everything has to change completely, you know. Like, maybe spread the jam on your scones, instead of on the dormouse this time?" Trey suggested, handing the jam to Riddle, who happily took it. "Let's try to set the bar at "it's great if it's this way," not "it absolutely has to be this way."

"Yeah, that makes sense." Riddle replied.

Although they saved the day, Ace and Deuce had to do their part since it's their dorm too. "I can't believe we got roped into cleaning up and prepping the garden again."

"Well, at least the housewarden recovered from his overblot without any complications." Deuce smiled and looked to see (Y/n) and Grim doing alright. Tony was no where to be seen since the staff had a meeting with him, so he couldn't be present for the unbirthday party. Grim was playing around on (Y/n)'s lap while she tickled his tummy in her new outfit for the special occasion.

Unlike the Heartslabyul uniform she wore, (Y/n) wore a Victorian blue dress, just like Alice and had her hair down too, she looked beautiful in the Deuce's opinion

Unlike the Heartslabyul uniform she wore, (Y/n) wore a Victorian blue dress, just like Alice and had her hair down too, she looked beautiful in the Deuce's opinion. But he would never say that to her face because he was too nervous to.

"And the garden is Magicam-worthy once again! Hashtag #nofilter on this gorgeousness!" Cater exclaimed, taking a picture of the party.

Grim jumped from (Y/n) lap and took a seat next to Ace and Deuce, "Blah blah blah! Let's just eat already!"

"Then eat we shall! I'll get the—"

Cater was interrupted when Riddle spoke out, "Wait a minute!"

"Huh?"