Long Live the King!

(Usurper from the Wilds)
(Chapter 2: 25-29)

3rd POV

     Everything happened in a flash! All of the Savanaclaw members were on the floor, crying in pain from Leona's signature spell. But the one that was mostly affected by this was Ruggie since he was closer to Leona than the others.

"Aaagh..." Ruggie cried out before falling onto his knees from the pain. Leona was gripping onto his arm, preventing him from escaping.

"Gwaaah!" The other Savanaclaw members screamed.

The sand grains started to float in the air, getting into people's eyes and noses, making it hard for them to see and breathe.

"What?!" Grim exclaimed. "My nose is dryin' out... M-my eyes hurt!" Grim tried to rub the sand off of his nose and eyes.

"Everything the housewarden touched is turning to sand?!" Jack was horrified to see that this was Leona's power.

Leona answered, "That'd be my signature spell. "King's Roar." Ironic, ain't it? Nothin' the savanna hates more than a drought. Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything—reduces it to sand."

Ruggie yelled in pain, trying to get out of Leona's strong grip. "B-boss... It huuurts...!" His skin began to crack, turning into sand.

"Ruggie's arm!" Deuce pointed out. "The skin is cracking!"

"Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!" Ace was in disbelief.

Riddle stepped forward, hating to see that Leona was harming his own members. "Leona, I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!"

Riddle casted his signature spell onto Leona, but Leona was able to deflect it with ease, making the collar bounce back. Everyone was in shock to see how even Riddle couldn't stop Leona.

"Myah?! Riddle's collar bounced right off!" Grim hid behind Jack in fear.

"Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders." Leona teased. "I aced my Protective Magic classes in my sleep."

Leona sent more sand into Riddle's direction, forcing Riddle to step back. Some sand flew into his eyes, making Riddle struggle to get closer to try again. "Tch!"

Leona turned away as he forced Ruggie to face him by grabbing his chin, he laughed at the pained look on Ruggie's face. "Hah! How do you like that, Ruggie? Does it hurt? Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too."

Ruggie couldn't talk at all since he was losing his voice because of the sand. "Ngh... G-gaah..."

"If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna...!" Jack didn't dare to finish that sentence since he didn't want to see that Ruggie's fate would become a reality.

"Ugh! Where is she?! She should be here right now to help us!" Loki yelled in anger.

"If you have that much power, why do this?!" Riddle asked, trying to get the sand away from him.

"Why?" Leona chuckled at them, "Why do you care, kid? You're gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Don't you get it? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world. Look at Ruggie here. He's like a muzzled dog. Pathetic, ain't it? Hard not to pity him."