Painting The Roses Red

The Rose-Red Tyrant
(Chapter 1-3)

3rd POV

    After Grim has had his punishment and (Y/n) found a Nintendo Switch in her room, both have went to sleep. Grim dreamed of canned tuna and whatnot, (Y/n) dreamt of herself, Wanda, and Vision that they spend a day together, seeing the beautiful flowers and butterflies surrounding them. Throughout the dream, it started to fade and replace with a new dream.

She felt herself wake up and being pulled in the mirror that was in her room. Everything felt like it was black and white and (Y/n) saw a mysterious figure that looked like a card, in front of it was a tree, it started to wave his paintbrush around and painted the white roses.

"Hurry up and paint those roses red!" The cards cried out, painting the roses red. "Slather them quickly, as aforesaid!"

"Hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!" The Ace of Clubs said.

'They're painting...roses?'

This stirred in (Y/n)'s mind as she saw them painting. She then started to remember that she saw this before. Looking beside her, she saw a lovely, pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, and wore a blue Victorian dress. Seeing the girl in front of her, this came to a shock to (Y/n).

"Alice?"

The blonde girl named Alice looked at (Y/n), surprised that (Y/n) knew her name. All she did was smile and wave at her before turning her attention to the cards.

"Why are you painting these white roses red?" Alice asked and looked at (Y/n).

"Huh?" The cards were confused by why Alice didn't know.

"Why, you ask?" The Two of Clubs started, "It's quite simple. We painted the wrong color, you see."

"The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!" The Ace of Clubs stated as Alice and (Y/n) searched around and saw them painting the white roses.

"Goodness!" Alice exclaimed.

They both stood in front of the Three of Clubs as he stood on a ladder to paint the roses that were hard to reach. "And so, we're painting the roses red."

After the Three of Clubs explained it, (Y/n) felt herself being pulled out of Alice in Wonderland and saw that Alice tried to reach for her, but couldn't since she was far away. Everything fell to darkness and (Y/n) felt like her sleep paralysis demon was coming to get her.

'I could have sworn I was asleep in my dorm...' (Y/n) opened her eyes and felt herself still in her room with Grim by her side. Before she could rethink about her dream, she heard a knock on the door.

"Is someone knocking?"

The knocks happened to wake Grim up a little bit.

"Myaaaaah... Hey, (Y/n)... I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor..." Grim informed, still feeling groggy from waking up. "Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit."

"It's not them. We've come to an agreement and they won't mess with us." (Y/n) told Grim and picked him up, walking to the entry hall to see who's up this late. "Who would be here at this hour?"