The Truth Behind the Pain

The Rose-Red Tyrant
(Chapter 25-27)

3rd POV

     After the battle with Riddle and how (Y/n) fell unconscious, she woke up to a room and it looked lovely in her opinion. On the table, in one of the chairs, she saw what looked like Riddle as a child. He was playing with his fingers and appeared to be waiting for someone.

"Riddle?" Before she could walk up to the young boy, she felt someone walk past her and it was a woman that was holding a cake in her hands and placing it in front of Riddle.

"Happy eighth birthday, Riddle. This year's birthday cake is a low-sugar recipe made with nuts and lecithin-rich soy flour to improve your cerebral function." The mother stated, making Riddle give her a weak smile.

"Thank you. But, Mom... Just once, I'd like to try one of those tarts covered with bright-red strawberries..." Riddle shyly admitted, playing with his fingers until he jumped due to his mother's outburst.

"Absolutely not! Those tarts are monstrously unhealthy. I might as well feed you poison! Even just a single slice would exceed your recommended daily intake of sugar. Now, dinner tonight will be tuna saluté rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Now that you're eight, your caloric intake should be 600 kilocalories per meal, so don't eat more than 100 grams of it. Understood?"

'Who put a stick up her ass?' (Y/n) thought, glaring at Riddle's mother. Who forces a child to live this lifestyle, he's just a kid.

"Yes, Mom."

"I'd always wanted to try one of those tarts with the bright-red strawberries."

Riddle spoke out, next to (Y/n) as she looked at young Riddle who ate his cake with no emotions. He looked like he wanted to cry.

"The local cake shop had them in the window. They shined at me like forbidden jewels."

The scenery changed and it showed Riddle's mother with a bag, she looked at Riddle, who was reading a book. "That's enough classical magic study for today. Your homework is to read the first fifty pages of the philosophy of language book referenced in today's magical philosophy texts. You may now have one hour of independent study before your potionology lesson."

"Thank you, Mother."

"I need some time to prepare the lesson materials. I will see you in one hour, okay?"

"I was studying every possible subject, scheduled down to the minute. When I didn't understand something, the lesson was extended until I did. That was my "normal."

As young Riddle continued studying, a knock was heard from outside.

Knock! Knock!

"...Is someone knocking on the window?" Riddle walked over to the window and opened it, revealing a young Trey and Chenya.

"Trey? Chenya? They look so cute."

"Whoa, he heard us!"

"Hey, come play with us!"

"Who are you?" Riddle asked, looking nervous that two strangers were at his window.