They're Dumb and She's Weird

The Rose-Red Tyrant
(Chapter 4-6)

3rd POV

As the gang were painting the roses, Grim and Deuce struggled to color the roses red with magic. "Red... Red... BAM! Wh-whoa! It turned blue?" Deuce yelled, seeing that the roses were blue instead of red.

"Change, o foul color! Change! AHA!" Grim had a worst time since his roses weren't red, but in fact were on fire. "BWAH! The rose caught on fire!"

(Y/n) doused the flames quickly before the fire could spread anywhere else. "Geez, you guys make it look hard."

"Wow. You're even less competent than I thought." Cater commented.

"Yo, maybe you should just leave the roses white! They look perfectly pretty 'n stuff to me." Ace told him and (Y/n) agreed.

"Yeah. I get that it's tradition and all, but the roses are pretty just the way they are."

"You're right about the tradition part. You can't have an unbirthday party without the roses being red. And you can't play croquet without seven-colored flamingos as mallets and a hedgehog for a ball. Oh, but of course, the roses need to be white when the garden flowers put on their spring concert. That's absolutely crucial." Cater stated.

This made (Y/n) remember all the crazy rules the Queen of Hearts had. It sounded pretty stupid since the Queen is crazy.

"All your rules are completely insane!" Grim commented.

"They say the Queen of Hearts made up these rules herself—she was one of the Great Seven, you know. And Riddle is all about tradition. Probably more than the previous housewardens, T-B-H." Cater explained. "I'll admit that he's, well...a bit extra."

"Yeah, no kidding. I sure don't have time for this nonsense. Is Riddle here? I gotta talk to him." Said Ace.

"Yeah, probably. But are you sure that's wise? Did you even bring an apology tart to replace the one you ate?" Cater asked and (Y/n) sensed trouble.

"Uh, no...? I came here first thing in the morning!" Ace replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Ah ah ah... That would be a problem. Have you forgotten rule 53?" Cater started read out the rule. "Stolen items must be replaced." If you're not in compliance, I can't let you in."

"Are you serious?!"

"All dorm residents must obey the rules, if I let you slide, it would be off with my head next! I hate to say it, Ace, but I'm gonna need you to leave before Riddle spots you. Thanx."

"I...think this guy is for real. You guys, do something!" Ace demanded, slowly moving backwards as Cater was walking towards them.

"Why should WE do anything?" Deuce questioned.

"C'mon, please! I can't use magic! Hurry, he's—"

Before Ace could finish his sentence, Cater leaped and used plant magic to get the team out of the Rose Maze, but (Y/n) was one step ahead of him. She counterattacked his magic and send it back to him causing Cater to get trapped by his own plant magic.

"Sorry, Cater, but we won't go down without a fight."

"I'm guessing this is your dangerous magic. I must admit, you caught me by surprise and I would love to know more about you. Let's switch numbers." Cater suddenly appeared behind (Y/n), giving her a fright and blasted yellow energy to Cater. This sends him flying.