Welcome to Twisted Wonderland

Welcome to the Villains' world
(Prologue 20)

3rd POV

In the exterior hallway, the gang started to walk back to their dorms and prepare for a new day.

"Phew... We managed to avoid expulsion. That was a close one!" Deuce sighed in relief.

"Yeah, no kidding!" Ace agreed. Grim was in his own little world, happy to be in Night Raven College.

"La, la, la, la, la! I'm a student at Night Raven College! La la la! I'm gonna be the top mage on campus in no time. Enjoy eating my dust, boys!" Grim bragged.

"Big words for a sentient pile of lint who's literally only half a student. Still... Good for you." Ace congratulated.

"I guess we're classmates now. Grim, (Y/n)—welcome to Night Raven."

"You are the sweetest person ever, Deuce." (Y/n) complimented Deuce and pulled on his cheeks, making his face go red by how close she was. This made Ace envious. He didn't know why though.

"Hey! Yeah, congrats (Y/n)! I look forward to seeing you!"

"Okay."

"I don't get a compliment?"

"What? I ran out of them."

"Oh, come on!" Ace whined.

"Thanks guys. I don't know if this'll work out for me. I mean, my last school was hard for me since I didn't have that much friends." She shyly rubbed her arms and looked down, feeling embarrassed.

"The way you squared off against that monster even when you were injured showed a lot of guts. With nerves of steel like that, you'll be fine. Even in this school."

Deuce's words surprised Ace and (Y/n) how Deuce acted out.

"Say, what's the deal with you sometimes talking like a punk, anyway?"

"Huh?! D-do I? I think I talk pretty normal."

"Whatever. Let's just get back to the dorm. After nearly getting expelled, the last thing we need is a curfew violation." Ace mentioned.

"We're from Heartslabyul House, by the way. What dorm are you guys in?" Deuce asked.

"The dorm we're in has been abandoned for years... We've taken to callin' it "Ramshackle House." The ol' dump is literally full of ghosts. Yeesh." Grim shuddered.

"They're not bad though." (Y/n) told them.

"Hey, count your blessings. I'd rather deal with ghosts than have to see this guy's smug, self-important scowl every day."

"Better than your lazy, dopey grin."

"Keep bawling, crybaby. I haven't forgotten how you almost wept when he said you were expelled. Catch ya later, (Y/n)." Ace winked at her before leaving with Deuce as they insulted each other back to their dorm.

"They gay."

"Man, those two are made for each other. Maybe they're the type who bond through squabbling?" Grim pondered.