The Cheshire Cat?! Wait, a Duel Too?!

The Rose-Red Tyrant
(Chapter 18-21)

3rd POV

After the horrifying fight with Heartslabyul Dorm itself, the gang decided to take a breather, somewhere in the rose maze where no could find them. Ace and Grim tried to melt the ice off (Y/n) since that attack really froze her arm a little bit. Deuce made sure no one was around and Tony was busy scolding (Y/n) for not being careful.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You could've gotten killed!"

"It was just an ice spell. Cater wouldn't kill me."

"I don't care if it was Cater or an ice spell! You didn't check your surroundings, and you let your guard down. What am I going to do with you, kid?"

"Shut up! It's not like you can do anything! You're a ghost. I can handle myself just fine. I don't need you or anyone else." (Y/n)'s words hurt Tony since she was right. He was a ghost and he couldn't do much other then watch from afar. His days of fighting were over... But he didn't want (Y/n) to face the same fate as him so he tried to reason with her.

"Sorry, kid. Sometimes I just forget that you're an actual kid, I worry. You may not be my daughter, Morgan, but I would try to be a father for you." She smiled at Tony and stood up, facing him.

"I'm sorry, too. But I can handle myself just fine. And if not, I'll call you. And thanks for scolding me, haven't heard that in a while. And thanks for looking out for me and telling me to be careful. It feels nice to hear that." They both hugged it out, forgetting that the boys were there and ignored everything around them. Until they heard a new voice enter their hugging session.

"Awwww. Ain't this a touching moment?" An odd voice caught them off guard. Ace, Deuce, Grim, (Y/n), and Tony all turned their heads around, seeing only a head floating in front of them! The head gave them a Cheshire smile as it waved its head around in a goofy manner. "It's nice to see friends comfort each other."

"BWAH?!" The gang screamed, seeing the head move closer to them.

"Myah! A ghost head!" Grim shrieked.

The head suddenly had a visible body in front of them after seeing their frightened faces. "Oh, dear. It seems I'm not all here." Due to how this strange person appeared out of nowhere, (Y/n) was able to see that he had cat ears and a tail. Not to mention, he looked familiar. But why?

"What? Er, so you do have a body, then? Who are you?" Deuce asked.

And the cat beastmen answered back, "The name's Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker. Am I a cat? Am I a purrrson? A mimsy borogove, perhaps? A mome rath with a knack for magic?"

 Am I a cat? Am I a purrrson? A mimsy borogove, perhaps? A mome rath with a knack for magic?"