five

James walked along the school hallways, holding tightly onto his bag as he listened to the loud chime of phones constantly going off.

He could feel his going off, but he ignored it not really invested in the sudden loudness of it. He pushed his locker open setting his belongings in before reaching into his bag for something.

He smiled brightly at the sight of Eric walking down the hall, Otis beside him. James walked toward the duo "E-Man! Happy birthday!".

James handed the box to Eric patting his shoulder "did you think I forgot about our traditional gift, I picked those up last night".

Eric smiled as he grabbed the sunglasses out of the box "another set for the epic collection, I even got a pair to match for your show tonight with Otis".

While Otis and Eric normally had a tradition each year, James sat out and took the course of getting Eric sunglasses every single year.

He knew Eric would always wear them for the day. "Thanks J-Man! I absolutely love em" James smiled hugging Eric tightly.

"I'm glad you like them, I was struggling for a moment to get the perfect pair". Eric moved back "how have you been? Doing any better?".

James blinked his eyes locking with Ruby's for a moment as she walked down the hallway. "Yeah I'm doing good, was just sick for a bit, figured you wouldn't wanna get sick as well".

The loudness of Ruby's high hells going down the hallway made him tense up as he smiled at Eric and Otis. It was his way of showing he was fine.

But deep down he felt like shit, he was falling so fucking fast for Ruby and he knew the second he hit the floor. Everything would fall apart rapidly.

"I'm gonna catch a smoke before first class" he walked past them walking outside in a fast manner. He walked into the small building pulling his cigarette out of his pocket.

He paused at the sight of Maeve and Ruby, the duo pausing at the sight of him. "I feel like I've walked into something I shouldn't have".

He laughed awkwardly "it's alright, uh you can still smoke if you'd like" he smiled at Maeve "I can leave if you'd like, this seems rather private".

Maeve pushed her hair behind her ear "uh just clinic stuff, nothing too intense". His eyes locked with Ruby's for a moment, she smiled awkwardly.

"Clinic stuff, uh that's..." he rubbed the back of his neck "just about that photo that's been sent out this morning, do you wanna help?".

He frowned deeply "is that what the ruckus was about in the hallway". Maeve nodded briefly "so do you wanna help figure out who sent it?".

"Surely Otis can help you, I mean I'd get in the way" Maeve walked towards the door "well if you change your mind let me know".

The second she was gone Ruby let out a weak breath "you weren't suppose to come in here, normally you don't until lunch".

He moved toward her "I just needed a minute before class started, I honestly didn't know anyone was in here.. are you alright?".

She didn't say anything for a moment "no I'm not alright, surely you've seen the photo that's gonna ruin my life, you probably found it funny".