nineteen

Being a helpless teenager was a never ending experience. James had spent most of his life trying to piece together what was left of his childhood, while for the most part it wasn't anything special. He needed that piece of his past self to help redeem whatever was going on for him right now.

If he had known in less than twenty four hours he'd be knee deep on his bedroom floor. Searching desperately for a condom, he would've smacked himself for being such an idiot. He spent three helpless hours cleaning his bedroom, and not a single condom was hidden anywhere beneath the layers of clothes he had thrown all over the floor.

So he took the overall defeat and now he was standing inside the shop grabbing a pack while he avoided whispers from the group of girls who walked inside. Events felt pretty intense the last few hours, how he got from dropping Andrew off to a friend's house to buying condoms from the store was beyond him.

He didn't even remember the points in time that lead all the way to this shitty store with barely any lights inside. To make matters even slightly worse (or better) he is a hormonal teenager after all.

The group of girls who just so happened to walk inside the shop were Daisy (the new girl). The girl who had single handedly texted him nonstop the last twelve hours just about random shit she hated about her new life and home.

Sweet was definitely a persona she only showed the world around her. Because hidden beneath that beautiful smile was a wicked smirk and he was the only one who could see it. Her two friends beside her made his hair stick straight out of his flesh. Ruby Matthews looked like a menace joking beside the girl as she pushed her purse against her shoulder.

The other girl James didn't recognize but she must've been friends with Daisy rather than Ruby. James walked quickly towards the next aisle shoving the condoms deep in his jacket pocket as he looked at a random bag of cough drops in front of him.

Lemon flavor, like that, would remotely taste good. James felt like a star struck fan when Daisy walked down the aisle towards him, she smiled at him so sweetly and he felt his chest tightened.

"Are you getting sick or something?" the boy smiled slightly "no, but sometimes I like looking at the shitty flavors they come up with. So what brings you here?". Daisy pushed his hair behind his ear slightly making him chuckle as she shrugged.

"Getting a tour of the place I suppose, or maybe I just saw you through the window looking at condoms and thought. Why not go inside and talk to him". James huffed slightly "thought I got away with it".

Daisy smiled "almost, but maybe next time don't linger too long in the aisle. Also the box is sticking out of your pocket, not that hard to miss". She grabbed the box from his pocket "who's the special lady friend then?" he grabbed the box from her hands as he looked down at her.

"Depends on why you're asking" she hummed slightly as she turned around "I'll find out sooner or later" she walked out of the aisle. James smiled slightly as he turned to approach the register but he bumped straight into Ruby. He felt like a lost puppy as he moved back "so you shagging then new girl already?" he rolled his eyes as he looked at Ruby.

"What does it matter if I am? Not like we're together anymore. You made sure of it when you and Otis became official the other day. Why don't you go and bother him instead". He walked past her but she grabbed a hold of his arm making him turn slightly as he looked down at her.

"Stop pretending like it doesn't bother you so much, you've barely even looked my way. You used to look at me differently before... you're different".

"Maybe it's because you ruined my life, let's get one thing straight here Ruby. I will never love you again, you lost that chance the second you fucked Otis. Everything in our relationship broke because of you".