nine

Light movement entered the air, the sudden sound of it made Ruby shift slightly. She hummed as she opened her eyes, the sunlight hitting her face.

"You're suppose to be sleeping" she turned smiling brightly at James. He wrapped his arm around her pulling her close to him as he kissed her.

She moved back letting out a breath "todays the day you finally get that boot off". He smiled brightly as he pushed the covers off himself.

"I've been waiting for this moment, it'll be so nice to finally wear normal shoes". He grabbed hold of his clothes off the ground Ruby laughing lightly.

"You've gone through more shoes then I have these last few months, and I'm me!". She stood up watching as James got dressed.

"We can finally have sex when that things off, I swear you've crushed my legs with that thing so many times, I'm so glad it's going away".

He laughed as he opened his door "uh you gonna stay for breakfast? Or have you've gotten too go home?". He stepped into the kitchen.

"I gotta check on my dad, but I will see you at school" he nodded "I'll be a little late, gotta drop Andrew off at school". She kissed him quickly then left in a fast manner.

"She's nice" James looked at Andrew who walked out of the bathroom. "You up for some pancakes?". The little boy nodded, a grin on his lips as he sat down, James yawned.

His limps cracking as he stretched, his boot clacked along the floor harshly as he entered the kitchen.

James pushed his bike beside Eric's and Otis, making sure to lock it before walking off. He heard the soft ding of the bell ringing, he probably should've just ditched entirely.

But he figured it's best he seen Otis and Eric before he runs off back home. He entered the school his shoes loud as he walked towards the lockers.

"Guess whose finally gotten the boot off!" Eric turned around smiling brightly "ah! You're finally a free man James, I swear that boot was deadly".

James laughed "don't worry, I won't accidentally step on your feet anymore, same goes for you Otis, I'm now a free man".

Otis smiled as he pushed his locker closed "haven't seen you around much, you doing alright?". James nodded as he opened his locker "been busy is all, but now that I can ride my bike again, I'll definitely see you guys in the morning more".

"Ruby not driving you anymore?" James closed his locker "I told her she didn't have too, besides I get too hang out with you guys in the morning now".

He wrapped his arms around the duo smiling brightly "of course I'll make sure to wear my helmet, and we can just talk all morning".

They walked down the hallway James patting there shoulders "I will see you boys at lunch". He walked off going down the hallway where Ruby stood.

She leaned into her locker, chewing on gum loudly as her friends stood beside her. Her eyes locked with James and she smiled "look who finally got the boot off, you wouldn't believe how long it took for the doctor to pry it off".

He did a little twirl his shoes squealing loudly "it was actually kinda funny watching him struggle for an entire hour". He wrapped his arms around Ruby kissing her forehead gently "It's odd though with it off, I feel slightly taller yet short at the same time".

He looked around at all the students, everyone wearing masks and avoiding one another with such a caution. "Have I've missed a plague or something? Why on earth are people freaking out and wearing bloody masks?".

Ruby sighed leaning into his side, her fingers nails slightly digging into his flesh. It didn't bother him "I don't know apparently someone's gotten chlamydia, and now everyone's freaking out".

James laughed as he watched people running around, shouting eagerly at one another with disgust. "Well it's not an airborne thing, you only get it by having sex with someone who has it".

He huffed at the sight before him, he couldn't believe these students were really that dumb. He turned slightly looking down at Ruby "let's get outta here, hang out at my place for a little bit".

"I would absolutely love that, but I've gotten a test next class, but after we can". He smiling nodding as he heard the suddenness of shouting.

"What on earth is happening now?". The boy ran outside the suddenness of a crowd all shouting as three girls tried to fight one another.

He pushed through the crowd spotting Otis trying to stop the girls. "Girls, okay. Sorry to interrupt" Otis laughed weakly as he neared them.

"Can you just stop fighting?" James stood beside Eric sighing deeply.

"Eric! What the hell's going on?" Maeve appeared her eyes looking at Eric for answers.

"Okay, so, Gwen and Martha think that Fiona gave them chlamydia, but she's clear". He sighed pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"So we checked all the boys they slept with and they're clear too. Look". Maeve takes the paper and James laughed lightly at the sight of Otis failing to stop the fight "oh, my God. Jesus be with him".

"Why isn't Owen's name on here?" Eric paused looking at Maeve "who's Owen?" James looked around "the one kid right there, who's always crying for some reason".

"Yes that's the one, Gwen and Martha have been sleeping with him for ages. He's always crying in the toilets cause they're trying to keep it a secret".

James laughed "that's why he's always crying, it makes sense now. How did you even know that?".

Maeve shrugged her shoulders "I just know everything, now Otis needs our help".

"You gave me chlamydia!" The girl goes to punch Otis standing right in front of her. James gasped loudly when he was hit, blood gushing out his nose.

"Otis!" everyone was cheering and being loud while Otis fell to the ground passing out. James ran forward knelling down "oh that looks like it hurts Otis, gonna need some ice".

Eric helped him lifted the boy off the ground "alright let's get him to the nurses office before he gets blood all over the ground".

The duo huffed as they dragged Otis into the building, the boy groaning as he held his nose.