ten

James overslept, normally he tried his best not to do this. Yet somehow he managed it. He woke up in a hurry, his entire body panicking as he jumped out of bed getting dressed.

"Shit" he struggled to put his shoes on as he ran out of his room pushing Andrews door open. The little boy sat on his bed playing on his game.

"Sorry buddy, looks like you're coming with me today" the little boy looked at him with a smile "good, that means I don't have to take that test".

James huffed "did you turn my alarm off so you could miss school?". Andrew laughed as he ran out of his room "we can hang out today! And I can meet all your friends!".

James sighed as he grabbed his keys "you're lucky I'm in a good mood. You know just for this I'm not taking you to the fair tonight".

The little boy gasped loudly turning "I'm sorry! Look I'll go to school and just..". James patted the kids hair "I'm messing with you, get your shoes on. I'll be in the car".

James walked outside getting into his car, he yawned as he pushed his fingers through his hair. It was messy but he tried his best making it look slightly less like shit.

The door opened and Andrew got into the backseat. He held onto his game "you better not be loud in any of my classes today. We'll both be kicked out".

James drove off quickly putting his backpack into the seat beside him sighing. "I had a test first class as well, damn I've missed it".

James walked in a rather fast pace as he pushed the school doors open. The hallway were empty and he could the soft chatter of people in class.

Andrew held onto his hand as they neared the boys locker "this place is huge, don't you get lost?". James laughed lightly as he grabbed his books.

"I've gone here for awhile, you get used too it. One day you'll be here. So get used to this". The bell ringed loudly when James slammed his locker shut.

"Come on, stay close" students walked quickly as James neared Ruby's locker. The girl held onto her purse tightly as she grabbed hold of her books.

"Rubes, sorry for being late.. Andrews turned my alarm off so he could miss school". The little boy pushed at James side "you said you wouldn't tell".

Ruby closed her locker "you've brought him" James nodded "couldn't really leave him alone, besides he'll stay with me".

"You're still taking us to the fair right?" she looked at Andrew who held onto James hand tightly. "Of course I am, we've gotten to ride the Ferris wheel".

Andrew leaned into James side "he's scared of it, I'll likely let him run around with his friends while we go on it together".

Ruby smiled as they walked down the hallway together "I was worried you weren't gonna show today, I almost called you".

James pushed open the classroom door for the girl "sorry, I was gonna text and say what happened.. but I was rushing".

He practically heard the whispers of students when he walked inside with Andrew beside him. He grabbed an extra chair setting it beside him.