tweleve

"how the hell can you smoke those things, they reek" the boy chuckled as he pulled the cigarette out of his lips. Letting it rest along the edge of his fingers as he looked at Ruby "you get used to it after awhile, it's like when you're around a smell for so long your body sorta just blocks it out".

He let the cigarette fall towards the gravel beneath their feet. He crushed it with a quick stomp of his boot "see the problem is solved, no more smell to bother your precious little nose". She hit his shoulder playfully as she looked at him "you gotta smoking those things. You'll develop lung issues".

He gently grabbed a hold of her wrist "oh yeah, and what if I don't stop?" she let out a sigh as she looked at him. He gripped her waist as he pushed her into the side of her car "you don't listen very well".

He chuckled "oh yeah? I'm stubborn... but for you, I'd be anything you want. what do you want me to be?". She let out a shaky breath "why must you be such a tease, especially when it's early".

He grinned "time doesn't matter to me, not when it's spent with you". She shivered when he kissed her neck, the soft feeling of his lips making her melt. She pinched her eyes shut as his hand slipped up her thigh.

"what if someone sees" she gripped his back tightly as she looked around nervously. He chuckled "Ruby, we're in the middle of the woods, besides if someone passes by, they're in for a show".

She rolled her eyes playfully as she hit his chest slightly "and what if that someone just so happens to be Andrew? He could try looking for you, seeing you're suppose to take him to school soon".

James sighed "the kids smart, he knows to wait on me" Ruby looked around "but what if he like just happens to wonder here, or anyone else...".

James grabbed a hold of Ruby's face "Rubes, what's on your mind?". She sighed as she leaned into him "nothing, I just... I don't know". She sighed deeply as she sat on the hood of the car "hey, talk to me".

He looked at her "talk to me Rubes, what's making you act so distant? Is something wrong with your family? You know I can help with anything".

"I don't want your help, I.. I can handle this alone, besides you have your own family to take care of.. you have Andrew, you don't need to worry about my issues, put yours first".

He chuckled slightly "you think I wouldn't worry about your problems? You're someone I care about Ruby, of course I will worry about you, I worry about you every single day, because I know something is going on... you don't have to tell me yet, not until you're ready, but don't hold onto that alone, I'm here Ruby, and I'll always be here for you"

She smiled "I know you are James" she hugged him "how'd I get so lucky to get you?". He smiled "I'm just that amazing I suppose, but if anything, I'm the lucky one Ruby, because you don't deserve me, and yet you're still here with me".

"I'll always be here for you James, even if I can quite a mess sometimes". He smiled "we'll be a mess together, you don't have to be alone anymore".

   "Please tell me you've gone mad or something Eric? I didn't see you on the bike trail this morning when I was with Otis, it was depressing". Eric smiled "I was actually given a ride by Rahim. You sound jealous".

James chuckled "rather more bored, Otis never talks much in this morning. Although I did notice he's worn his best shirt, care to explain why Otis?".

"Well..." the boy smiled awkwardly "Ola and I- might be going all the way tonight". Eric gasped "no! You're gonna be deflowered". James laughed as he patted Otis's shoulder "our little Otis is growing up!".

Eric squealed happily "you're gonna be deflowered! Come on! This is big!". James and Eric jumped up in down in excitement as they looked at Otis.

Otis folded into himself slightly "stop" his face flushed in embarrassment as he looked around. Eric chuckled "why are you not excited, man? You're the last of us to be deflowered, this is big news"

Otis smiled "I am excited, I'm just nervous" James hugged Otis from the side "my little Otis is nervous, hey man, most people are for the first time, relax you'll be a natural at it".

Eric nodded "exactly, see James gets it, don't overthink Otis". Otis sighed "Alright, you can't laugh but I always kind of thought I'd be in love with the person I lost my virginity to and we haven't said that yet". He did a half smile as Eric and James both patted his shoulders "you can laugh if you want, I know it's probably pretty lame".

Eric smiled as they began to walk along the hallway "no, I actually think it's nice" James smiled "Otis, don't worry, I'm sure regardless of what you two feel for other each other, it'll still be perfect"

Eric stopped walking and spoke with a cheeky expression "also, you don't have to do it if you're not ready, we lot could always hang out at mine and play smash, even though we all know, I'd win".

James rolled his eyes "yeah right, I've gotten far more wins on smash then you both, I could beat you both with my eyes closed". Otis laughed lightly "I am ready, I really like Ola and she really likes me".

Eric shouted loudly as he gripped Otis shoulders "you are going to have sex tonight!" James laughed when people looked at Eric like he was crazy.

Eric looked at a boy with an annoyed expression "can you calm down?". James shock his head "come along, leave the poor innocent bystander alone". James grabbed a hold of Eric's arm and dragged him down the hallway away from the crowd.

 James grabbed a hold of Eric's arm and dragged him down the hallway away from the crowd

authors notes:
I literally watched the new season of sex education in a single day. Overall it started off good, and then it kinda just... went a bit all over the place towards the end, I still feel like there's a few things they could've answered or shown a bit more. Not gonna spoil so for now that's all, it was good, just sad that it's over with.