seven

Ruby didn't think she'd ever have a boyfriend, even now as she laid beside James. It all felt like a dream, she let out a slow breath moving slightly.

James arm wrapped around her but the distant sound of a loud bang made him jump awake. He stood up fast "shit" he looked down at Ruby.

"Stay here, I'll be right back, don't leave this room she frowned deeply as he grabbed a baseball bat from beside his door. He left the room pushing the door close behind him.

"Piss off John! You're not welcome here" his father laughed lightly as he pushed him back roughly. James groaned when his back slammed into the wall harshly.

"Don't talk to me like that boy!" James yelled out in agony when his father slammed him into the wall the bat falling out of his grasp.

James sneered at his father angrily as he pushed him away from him. His body aching as he picked the bat up. "Get out! Get the fuck out!".

His father ran towards him and James swung the bat, screaming loudly when his father caught it. He gripped his shirt roughly throwing him into the wall. James let out a heavy breath.

Watching as his father picked the bat up pointing it at him "you ain't gonna stop me, this is my house".

His bedroom door open and he felt the panic hit
him. "Get away from him!" Ruby stood by the door glaring harshly at his father.

James ignored the pain in his body and stood up throwing himself at his father. "Don't you dare touch her" his father kicked him.

James fell onto the floor groaning as he held onto himself. His father kicked him again, his nose bleeding harshly as he let out a yelp.

Ruby ran forward slamming a lamp against his fathers head. "Leave him alone!" James struggled to get off the floor, his vision blurry.

Ruby screamed when she was pushed back harshly, her body landing weakly on the couch. James let out a frustrated yell when he stood up.

"Fuck you!" he slammed his father into the wall, he let out a shaky breath groaning when his father punched him. He threw his father onto the floor the best he could his vision turning fuzzy.

The bat slammed into the side of his head making him fall backwards. "James!" Ruby ran into the room grabbing hold of her phone.

He groaned blood falling down the side of his head, as he landed on the ground. His father hovered over him gripping the bat harshly.

"You're done for now boy!" he went to slammed the bat down again but yelled out when James kicked him harshly.

James cried out when the bat slammed down into his leg, the bones cracking loudly. The loud sound of sirens entered the air making his father pause.

James let out a breath of relief when his father ran out of the house. He let out a shaky breath "Ruby!" his voice cracked.

He struggled to keep his eyes open as blood began coating his flesh. He heard the loudness of her running out of the room "James!".

She grabbed hold of him, he groaned at the pain in his body "you're gonna be okay, helps on the way". He smiled weakly "guess I'm not gonna be dancing that much at the dance".