eight

The music itself made his insides calm, after what felt like endless hours of dancing. He sat down alongside Ruby's friends, although they weren't fond of him at all.

Even with the loudness of his boot clacking along the floor didn't muster up a glance from them. He knew they'd like him one day, but for now they only tolerated him because he was with Ruby.

He stood up walking along the floor smiling brightly "E-Man!" Eric smiled at him "J-Man! hey how've you been lately".

James shrugged his shoulders "been good all things considered" they hugged "I'm glad you're here Eric, I was worried about you".

He moved back "I was way more worried about you James, I'm glad you're alright now". James smiled weakly "yeah, just got this massive boot now".

Eric laughed lightly "oh I'd absolutely loathe that thing if I had to wear it for months". James laughed "trust me, I absolutely hate this thing. I've gotten to wear a bloody bag over it to shower".

Eric hunched over laughing "a bag! that's absolutely horrific James". James paused for a moment when Otis began walking towards them.

He smiled briefly at the boy when he stopped in front of Eric "I'll uh be over here".

James walked off nearing Ruby's table, she stood up when he appeared. She grabbed hold of his hand and began walking making him frown.

"Where are we going?" she didn't say anything and they entered the hallway. He waved at Maeve when they walked past her. She waved back before Ruby dragged him outside.

The cold air soothe his flesh making him smile slightly to himself. "Gonna tell me where you're dragging me off too?".

They entered the small building behind the school, it was odd being inside of it at such an late hour. Normally James came in here during the day time.

But with it being dark outside, the place itself looked rather creepy. No a single source of light entered the area, he knew no one was inside.

Surely if they were, they'd slam into wall after wall due to the darkness that swallowed the room. James tugged at his tie as he looked around the darkness.

"What are you up too Rubes?" he gripped her waist looking down at her as she smiled. Her cold fingers wrapping around his neck soothing his flesh.

He hummed lightly when he heard the distant sound of music playing, a song he recognized. "Figured you'd wanna dance, just you and me".

He heard the uneasiness in her voice, she hadn't told him all of what she was doing. "Hey, what's wrong"  he lifted her chin upwards his gaze worried.

"It's my dad" she smiled sadly no longer saying any more words. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong with him, I'm here for you Ruby".

She hugged him tightly her small frame crushing him as she let out a soft breath. "What do you say we get outta here, I'm not in the mood to dance".

He smiled softly "of course, although you'll have to drive, I can't do that with this boot". She laughed as he grabbed her hand the duo leaving.

𝘙𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴-𝘙𝘶𝘣𝘺 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘸𝘴 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें