eleven

rain poured down along the window of his bedroom making him shift into the mesh material of his pillow. He rubbed his hand along the side of his forehead as he felt the dull ache of a headache trialing along his skull. his gaze overlooked his clock seeing it was an hour before he had to wake up and get ready.

His flesh grew with goosebumps when he felt the light stroke of Ruby's fingers along his arm. He let out a soft breath as he turned towards her. Her eyes were shut but he knew she was awake. "What's on your mind this early in the morning?" he pressed his thumb under her chin making her look up at him.

She smiled, the ends of her fingers tending his hair back as she took in his appearance. "Just you" she looked past him, watching the rain fall down the window and leave behind trails of water.

He pushed his face into the crock of her neck, inhaling the distant scent of her perfume she often used whenever she was around him. That smell was engraved into his very being and he never wanted to escape the depths of it. "Just me? I doubt that's what you're thinking about at this hour".

She rested her hand along his back as he looked down at her. Her face flushed as his gaze shifted into a playful smile. He leaned towards her and she felt the warmth of his breath along her neck and lips.

She moved slightly her eyes locked in with his "what's the matter Rubes.." his lips touched the surface of her earlobe "..cat got your tongue?". She let out a shaky breath when his lips mended into the flesh along her neck. She pushed her head back into the pillow as she wrapped her arms around him.

His lips felt like fire, every single part of her felt like it was on the verge of burning. She let out a sigh as she leaned more into him, his fingers trailed along her thigh making her grasp on him tighten.

He smirked as he looked at her "what's going on inside of that pretty little head of yours?". He rested his head on her stomach as he looked up at her with a light smile, the rain outside fading away.

He had missed moments like this, the ones where he felt like he could truly be happy for once, most of his life he had spent it alone. Hidden away from the outside world because he was terrified of rejection. Yet somehow here he was, Ruby was his and he knew she likely would be for a long time.

He couldn't see himself parting ways with her, if he lost her. He wouldn't even know what to do with himself, she smiled and he felt the butterflies in his stomach flutter even more harshly.

"Nothing you have to worry about" she whispered, her eyes looking distant for a moment as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Talk to me Rubes, what's bothering you? I can tell something is".

She sighed "it's just family stuff, I don't want you to worry about me, I can handle it". He shock his head "but you don't have to handle it alone, I'm here and you know I'll listen to you. My life isn't exactly perfect and I'm probably never gonna be perfect but I can try... I can try for you. I can be perfect for you".

That shine in his eyes was a light that made Ruby feel warm inside. She couldn't express if it was a good or a distant warmth, regardless she enjoyed the feeling of it. No one had ever cared enough, to ask her about her problems, about the struggles she's endured.

She smiled, her lips sealed for a slight moment as she looked at James. The sunlight made his face look so angelic as he held onto her "but you are perfect James, don't think any differently. Besides I'll tell you about it when I'm ready, I just need time".