11. As Friends

Finn POV

I bit my lip as I thought about what I should say. Should I be straight forward and ask her if she wants to go out? No I should ask if she wants to hang out it. I don't want to ruin the friendship we already have. I don't think I like her like that yet. Do I? "Fuck" I muttered and dropped my phone on the desk.

I had been staring at my phone for ten minutes now. I'm just going to get ready first. I put on some jeans and a hoodie. Ever since I found out how close Y/n and I live i've been dying to hang out with her. You know what I'm going to do it.

I grabbed my phone and unlocked the code impatiently. Imagine if she said no. I put the phone down again. Fuck my overthinking brain. After a few minutes I decided to actually text. I redid the code and went to text her.

Messages Between Y/n and Finn

|Finn| Hey Y/n
|Y/n| Hey bubs
|Y/n| BRO* AUTOCORRECT
|Finn| You can call me bubs if you want
|Y/n| Haha
|Y/n| Anyways whats up?
|Finn| Oh I was just wondering if you wanted to go out with me today and do something I don't mind really
|Finn| as friends ofc
|Finn| if your free
|Y/n| I'd love to.
|Finn| where do you live?
|Y/n| *Inserts Roblox story elmo street address*
|Finn| Ill pick you up🙃💙
|Y/n| Thanks :)
|Finn| No problem will 15 minutes be okay?
|Y/n| Sure idm!
|Finn| see you soon :)
|Y/n| :]

Y/n POV

Oh. My. God. Finn wants to hang out with me in fifteen minutes and I'm in my pyjamas. I jump from my bed and run to the shower. I almost slip on the rug in the process. I shower for less than 3 minutes and brush my teeth. Then I grab my hair brush, brush my hair and tie it into a low ponytail.

After I was finished in the bathroom I ran into my room and used my favourite perfume. Then I walked over to my closet and opened it. I checked my phone at the same time. Seven minutes left?! Fuck. I picked out a decent outfit. I didn't want it to look like I didn't care but also didn't want to look like I cared too much.

*This is the outfit you wear*I checked the mirror for any thing I might of had on my face

I checked the mirror for any thing I might of had on my face. Nope. I went into the living room and sat on the couch. I kept reminding myself that he just wanted to hang out as friends. Just friends. Thats what we are and thats what we'll always be. Friends.

The doorbell rang. I forced myself to walk at a normal pace. When I opened the door there he was. Finn. He wore a casual hoodie and jeans. He looked great. His curly hair rested perfectly. His eyes searched through mine. "Hey Y/n" He said with a soft smile. I smiled. "Hey Finn"

It was now 5:30. I wondered where we were going. I was sitting next to him in his fancy looking car. "You have your drivers license?" I said to start a conversation. "Yeah I got it a couple weeks ago actually" he smiled at me. "Cool" I said softly. He started the car.

The seat belt got stuck. I yanked it softly not wanting to ruin anything but it did not budge. Finn chuckled at my embarrassed expression. "Here let me do it" He said. He leaned over and grabbed the top of the seat belt. His face was inches from mine. I stared at his lips and blushed.

While grabbing the seat belt he looked at me. My breath hitched. His eyes stared straight at mine. Unable to keep the eye contact I looked to the side. I hoped he didn't see how nervous looked. His eyes glanced down at my lips. My heart was banging against my chest. These few seconds felt like hours.

Then he leaned away and put my seat belt on without looking at me. My heart sank. I knew I could never be with him. But he always had to be so..luring. I felt stupid for thinking for just a second that he might kiss me. "We're almost there" Finn said quietly. "Nice" I replied quietly.

Finn POV

I glanced sideways at her. Her face was pink. I don't know whats wrong with me. I got lost in her eyes. She looked beautiful today. She always did. I think she was upset or nervous. Her hand was shaking slightly. I thought about what I should do or say. But I was bad at these things.

I removed my left hand from my lap. I moved it closer to hers. My arm brushed against hers. My hands touched hers. For a few seconds it stayed like this. I wrapped my fingers around hers and rubbed her palm with my thumb softly. She looked at me but I kept my eyes on the road.

I saw her smile from the corner of my eye as her fingers connected properly around mind. We stayed silent the whole ride. It was comforting. Feeling her hands against mine. I felt my cheeks go warm as she giggled softly.