22. Lies

Y/n POV

I woke up to hundreds of texts. Before I could open any I heard loud footsteps. Then my door opened. "You and Finn are dating?!" April yells. I screech and fall back off my bed. "How do you keep getting inside my house?!" I ask half relieved but half terrified. She shrugs. "That doesn't matter! You and Finn are dating and you didn't tell me?" She says offended.

"I didn't tell you because we aren't dating!" I yell back. Her expression drops. "Wait let me get this straight, you aren't dating Finn?" She asks. Her expression dead serious. I shake my head aggressively. "No why would you even think that?" I ask her dumbfounded. 

She clutches her face. "This is bad" She says. I raise an eyebrow. Instead of telling me what happened she runs into the kitchen. When she runs back with a bunch of snacks I'm prepared for the worst because I know shes trying to keep me calm. "Here have a gummy worm" She says kindly. I roll my eyes and take the worm.

"April just tell me what happened" I sighed. "well.." She begins but grabs the tv remote. She flips to a few channels until a show I've never seen before pops up. "What the hell is DailyDramatea" I cringe at the name. "Its a great show!" She says excitedly. Then she frowns as if she's remembered something.

"don't freak out" She says. I roll my eyes and stare up at the screen. "Hello everyone my name Kathy Mitchel and today we have some hot tea" She says. She acted like a teenager even though she was well over 30. "I have my friend today Giselle Johnson. So Giselle where should we start" She says and laughs.

I cringe. "Well we have some very big news. Finn Wolfhard is dating.. Y/n Y/l/n!" She says loudly. I gasp. "Thats not true!" I yell at the screen as if they could hear me. April gives me a worried look. "Is it really not true?" She asks. I nod. I fold my arms and smirk. "They wouldn't have any proof anyways" I say triumphantly. 

"you're probably wondering, how do we even know this?" Kathy says. Then the green screen behind her changes. "A fan found Finn and Y/n backstage" She says. I stare in horror as photos of me and Finn showed on the screen. April pauses the show. 

"It looks like you two are about to kiss!" April squeals

"It looks like you two are about to kiss!" April squeals. "This is really bad!" I say. April hands me a gummy worm. "Its not that bad" April says with a smirk. I turn to her with a fearful look. "Yes it is I literally have 500 messages from people" I say. "When I tell them we're not dating they are going to be disappointed" I groan and lie down.

April sighs. "Who cares about what others think" She says. "Just post on your story that you guys aren't dating and boom finished" She says encouragingly. I think about it for a moment. Then I nod. "Okay I can fix this" I said and grabbed my phone. I didn't want Finn to have to deal with all of this. 

Finn POV

I read Y/ns story. Apparently there was some rumor of me and Y/n dating. To be honest I really didn't mind. There have been many rumors of me dating people. Y/n had decided to speak about it. 

Hey everyone I just wanted to quickly address this small issue. 
Finn and I have been friends for a short period of time. He is 
incredibly sweet and funny and I hope whoever the girl he 
finds will cherish all of his quality's but unfortunately guys
Finn and I are just friends for now. I hope you all have a 
Great day and thank you all for understanding! :)) 

I scrolled down my feed to see the pictures of us from someones ig post. I liked it and saved it. I knew this would probably push the rumor even further even though Y/n had already said we were just friends. But I wanted to confuse them. I knew Y/n had probably wrote this so I wouldn't be bothered by all of the drama. 

Messages Between Y/n and Finn

[Finn]
Isn't it funny how ppl think we're dating lol?
[Y/n] Yeah its totally weird like why would they think I liked dorks like you😴
[Finn] Oh i'm the dork?
[Y/n] definitely. I am too cool to be with someone like you🤦‍♀️
[Finn] nah you definitely like me😏
[Y/n] U wish!
[Finn] don't try to deny it y/n
[Y/n] Haha now ur scaring me🤣🤣
[Finn] Im just teasing you..unless you actually like me?🤨🤨
[Y/n] oh yes I definitely like you and your strong muscles 😩
[Y/n] let me feel ur bicep
[Finn] I don't let ppl feel my arms unless they give me a kiss💪
[Y/n] dang I guess we both cant get what we want 😔
[Finn] damn rejection hits hard 😣
[Y/n] too bad
[Finn] u know you love me anyways dork
[Y/n] why do you think that??
[Finn] I don't know but you seemed pretty nervous talking to me yesterday ;)
[Y/n] well you did grab my face like you were going to kiss me 🤨
[Finn] did you want me to kiss you?
[Y/n] wha no 
[Finn] what if i did kiss u yesterday?
[Y/n] what why are you asking this? 
[Y/n] idk.
[Finn] hm ok well i gtg but i'll talk to u later ;)
[Y/n] byeee