21. Chemistry

Finn POV

I stared into her eyes. "Uh so" She said awkwardly. I chuckled at her flustered face. "Not even a hello to me" Millie said from behind us. Y/n and I turned around to see Millie rolling her eyes. Y/n broke away from my grip. "Oh don't worry keep on hugging, kissing whatever" She said. "I'll go get a soda" She said and pushed Y/n jokingly.

Y/n stumbled forward as I caught her. "Millie" Y/n groaned. I didn't say anything because I was glad Y/n was back in my arms. She chuckled nervously. I smiled down at her. "Your so small" I said. She gasped jokingly. "No i'm not! Your only taller because your standing on that stupid step. I rolled my eyes and stepped off the small stairs. 

She looked surprise that I was still almost a foot taller than her. She huffed stubbornly as I laughed. "Did you enjoy it?" I asked her. She nodded immediately. "Your voice is so soothing" She replied. She looked completely honest. She looked back at the stage area. "Why are people still here?" She asked with a confused look.

I shrugged. "Some people like to stick around for drinks at the bar" I said. Y/n nodded and stared at the tv camera. She kept watching them. "Oh hey theres that guy I met!" She explained excitedly. "He came here to watch his friends or something" She said as she stared at the camera without moving from her spot.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. I saw her talking to him during the concert. He looked like he was flirting with her before. Before thinking I cupped her chin with my hand and turned her head back to me. I smirked slightly and looked down at her lips. "Whats so special about him huh?" I asked as her face turned slightly red.

Y/n POV

I blushed as Finn asked me the question. "Whats so special about him huh?" He asked and stared down at my lips. He pulled my face closer to his. "I-er-well" I struggled to say anything. His breathing pattern became a lot slower. My heart beated faster and my breath hitched. "Nothing" I answered his question finally.

He smiled and let go of my face. I stumbled back a little. "hey you know how I asked you if you were in a relationship?" Finn asked and leaned on the railing. I nodded because I was still nervous. "Who did you like?" He asked with a smirk. I froze. I could either lie and say something random or tell him that truth. 

"UH you know my neighbour F- fuck" I said sheepishly. Luckily my phone rang just in time. "I got to pick this up" I said and stepped away quickly. He nodded with a funny smile. It was like he was smiling because he knew something I didn't. I scrambled through my bag as I walked away. Why was Millie calling me? I answered anyways.

"Millie?" I said in a panic tone. "When are you guys going to make out?" She asked. "What?" I asked. I turned around to see Millie hiding behind the vending machine. "Wha Millie!" I said a little too loud. "Why is Millie calling you?" Finn asked with a confused look. "No reason" I said quickly. Millie shrugged.

"Stop watching us Its kinda creepy" I whispered and looked at her. "okay okay but you must tell me what happens" She says. I cringe. "there is nothing going on between-" I start but she hung up. "Nothing going on between who?" Finn asked confused. He was sitting on the railing. It totally looked instagram worthy. 

"No one. Just my friend and some fling" I said nervously. I'm pretty sure he could tell I was lying but shrugged it off. "Anyways Millie and I should go soon" I said awkwardly. He nodded. "Can we hangout later or whenever" He asked and grabbed my hand. "Of course I'm not sure when I can but I'll text you" I answered with a smile.

He smiled and leaned closer. His face was weirdly close to mine. "Want to see the photos I took?" I suggested. He frowned for a second before nodding. I smiled and scrolled throught the photos. "Woah you somehow made me look stunningly handsome" He said jokingly. "Oh come on you know your handsome already" The words slipped out before I could stop myself. 

He raised an eyebrow. "I mean..what do I mean?" I questioned myself. Luckily Millie walked in. My saviour. "Uh I don't mean to intrude but I told my drivers we'd be leaving soon" She said and smiled. Finn nodded. "Okay bye Millie" He said. She gave him a quick hug before going out. As soon as she walked out the people cheered.

I rolled my eyes. "I got to go before the crowd swallows her" I smiled and waved one more time. I turned around. I went to follow her. "ok this is the last picture I promise" Millie said. I nodded and stood near the bar. "Hey" A voice said. I turned around. It was the same guy from the concert. "oh hey uh.." I started but realized I forgot his name. 

Everyone had basically left now. The fangirls were following Millie out. I wanted to follow her but it felt rude to leave him while he was talking. "Its Nick" He said and clutched his heart jokingly. I laughed. Then I felt a hand grasp mine softly. "Hey Y/n I was looking for you" 

I turned to see Finn was smiling at me. "Finn!" I replied, startled. He looked at the guy. They stared at each other for a few moments. "Uh well Finn and I should probably go but it was great meeting you" I said politely as I sensed the tension. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away. "Ok that was weird" I said.

He shrugged. "I just wanted to walk you to your car" He said. I decided to drop it. "Okay then well I got to go but i'll see you later. Bye" I said and rushed off to my car. "Wait" He said. I stopped and turned around. He gave me a warm hug before walking off. 

"That was even more weird" I said and got in the car. Millie was sitting inside impatiently, waiting to hear everything.