20. His Voice

Finn POV

I waited anxiously behind backstage. It was so weird how Y/n had no idea who I was when we met. I knew she really liked me for how I really was. It scared me. Most of the girls I dated or asked out only liked me for fame. Thats why I had been single for a long time. I never knew who could possibly like me for me. 

That was until I met Y/n. But how would I tell her that I basically listened in on her private conversation with her friends. She'd probably think I'm crazy. I wasn't good at telling people how I felt about them. But Y/n was all I could think about. "Finn you will be going on in seven minutes" The lady at the door said.

I nodded and grabbed my electric guitar. I looked at the crowd in a place they couldn't see me. My eyes searched for Millie and Y/n. Then I saw her. She was in the front row laughing and talking to the guy next to her. I felt a pang of jealousy. I got up and went to go up. "Hey guys" I said into the microphone with a smile.

Y/n POV

The crowd cheered loudly as Finn walked out along with his band mates. My attention left the guy standing next to me so quickly. I cheered along with Millie as we watched them. He looked breathtaking. Millie and I talked to each other over the loud screams. I got out my phone and recorded Finn and his friends.

My heart almost stopped as he started singing. His voice was soothing. "I could get used to this" I said to Millie over the loud screams. She nodded and winked. "Want to go backstage after?" Millie suggested. I raised an eyebrow. "Is that allowed?" I spoke over the crowd. "Yes! Finn and I are friends. Plus Noah and Gaten are swimming in the crowd somewhere" She yelled back. 

I smiled and turned back to the stage. Finn was looking at me as he sang. I turned around to make sure he wasn't looking at someone else. He smiled a bit. I smiled and waved. He chuckled between his breathing break and winked. The crowd screamed even louder. The guy who stood next to me looked back and forward between him and I.

"Did he wink at you?!" He asked excitedly. I shrugged with a smile and turned back to the stage. Finn was walking around. He stared at the guy next to me. He seemed annoyed. "Why is he looking at me like that?" The guy next to me said. I shrugged.

"Are you a fan of this band?" I asked while I took a picture of Finn and his friends. I couldn't tell if he was nodding or shaking his head from the side of my eye vision. "No I came here to save my drunk friends from beind kidnapped" He said with a flashing smile. I nodded. "Uh what brings you here?" He asked.

"Uh well-" I began but Millie interrupted. "Finn invited her to this concert. They're really close friends" She said with a stern look. He looked taken aback. "Millie?" He said and looked between Millie and I. He then turned around. "Millie he was just being nice and you scared him off" I whispered into her ear. 

"He was flirting! Plus the only person your eyes should be on is him" She whispered back and pointed at Finn. His eyes met mine again. He smiled before turning to his friend. They looked both gave each other a funny look. His band mate turned to look at me. I wondered what they were talking about.

The friend looked back at Finn and nodded approvingly. Finn accidentally let out a small 'heh' into the microphone. I looked back at Millie. She smiled smugly. "Really?" I said. "I will never let what just happened go" She answered the question in my head. 

Once the concert ended I realized I felt disappointed. I longed to hear more. It was weird. "Okay lets go see Finn" Millie said and pulled me along with her. At first I didn't think Millie and I would every be this close. But now Hailey, April, Finn and Millie seemed like one of my closest friends. It was weird how quickly I got close to Finn and Millie.

She pulled me backstage. The guy at the door let us in as soon as he saw Millie. "Finn! Y/n and I are here" Millie said elegant but loudly. Finn was talking to his bandmates. I felt incredibly shy. Like it was the first time I truly saw Finn. "Y/n!" He said and turned around to hug me. I didn't realize it and gasped quietly as his hands wrapped around me.

"I never knew you were a singer" I said playfully. He smiled and looked into my eyes. "I try my best" He said with a smirk. It was the same thing he texted me after the interview with Jimmy. I blushed and looked away. His hands were still holding my arms in a comforting way. He turned to his friends. "I'll text you guys later?" He said sheepishly. They nodded and walked off.

He turned back to me. I got lost in his eyes as they stared back at mine.