- So Was I -

"Okay, so a little backstory for this one. This is set right after the Civil War in 2016 and this specific Part is in Siberia." America explains.

"Wait so what's this Civil War about?" Howard asks.

"There were disagreements about some accords then Tony figured out some stuff that led to this," America explains further.

Steve repeatedly punches Tony in his suit.

"You can't beat him hand to hand," Friday says into Tony's suit.

"Who said that?" Sousa tries to whisper but is picked up by Tony.

"Yeah good question, because it's not Jarvis." Tony states.

Howard and Jarvis look confused at the mention of his name. Wouldn't he be dead by this time?

"After the whole Jarvis, Ultron, Vision thing you needed a new AI so you built this one." Strange explains which returns some confused faces.

"Analyse his fight pattern," Tony asks Friday.

Steve hits Tony up as Friday scans him. Steve continues to punch at Tony.

"Countermeasures ready," Friday says.

Tony grabs Cap's shield before he could hit him again.

"Let's kick his ass," Tony says before blasting away Steves's shield.

They continue to fight until Tony blasts Rogers in the chest, making him fly back a few feet. Tony flies in again, trying to disorient him but Steve gets back up and continues to punch him. 

Tony elbows Steve in the face with his metal arm before blasting him in the stomach.

Peggy began to squeeze Sousa's hand in anticipation and fear. Sousa saw this and tried not to look hurt by it.

Tony walks forward as Steve looks up.

"He's my friend," Steve says panting.

"So was I." Tony punches Steve in the face twice until Steve begins to cough up blood. 

Tony throws Steve against nearby pillars making Steve fall again. 

"Stay down, final warning. Tony says warning Steve of what he will do if they continue.

Steve slowly gets up, leaning on some things before getting in a fighting position.

"I can do this all day," Steve says in one breath.

Tony goes up to blast Steve but Bucky grabs his foot, dragging him backwards. Tony turns around and kicks Bucky in the face, giving Steve enough to go up behind Tony and grab him. 

Steve lifts up Tony above him before yanking him back to the floor.

People wince at this.

Steve jumps ontop of Tony and starts to pound on his mask, with his bear fist. Steve then grabs his shield, which is beside him and starts to also pound his face, noticing his fist didn't really do anything.

With three hits Cap rips off Tonys helmet and makes it look like he is going to kill him.

Some of the younger people in the audience duck away, even some who knew he wasn't going to die.

Rhodey gives Cap a deathly stare which Steve takes a large gulp to.

Steve pulls the Shield down and lodges it in Tony's Arc-Reactor.

"Are you insane!? That could have killed him! Your lucky he got rid of the shrapnel just before this!" Rhodey yells with tears in his eyes. Tony pulls Rhodey back into his chair to watch the end of it.

The 40s began to murmur, what shrapnel? What led to this in the first place?

Tony looks down in shock as the Arc-Reactor dims in colour. Steve leans on his shield, taking heavy breaths.

Steve rolls off Tony as Tony is just paralysed. Steve gets up again and pulls the shield back out. 

Tony rolls over, in pain and watches as Steve picks Bucky up. 

"That shield doesn't belong to you, you don't deserve it. My father made that shield." Tony says. At those words, Steve drops the shield, which has visible claw marks. 

Tony spits out blood before getting up and looking to where Steve was standing. 

The clip ends.

Everyone nearly had tears in their eyes. They didn't even want to talk about what happened there and why it happened. All those who remember being involved in the Civil War looked down, not knowing this was how far it went.

America sighs and pulls out one she had specifically made for this occasion.

(A/N: Hey guys! Hope you liked it, I love this scene for how dark it gets. It shows what Steve and Tony can really do. Anyways tell me what you think and if you liked it.)

Published: 9 · 8 · 22

Edited: 28 · 8 · 22