Discussing the Mundr

The young lovers and everyone that had gathered to see if Ann would be revived after almost being dead went back to the village to get some well-deserved rest. Laying in their bed, Viggo and Ann talked a little about what had happened.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Viggo asked as he was gently rubbing his thumb over her cheek. "I'm fine, Viggo. Once the Dragons heal someone, that person is in tip-top condition again. You don't have to worry about me." She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I will never stop worrying about you." He pulled her closer to him, locking his lips against hers.

After a few minutes of intimate kissing, they let go again and Ann laid her head against Viggo's chest. "Baby, what exactly happened with me?" She looked up as Viggo was stroking her head while still holding her in his arms. "Your Dragon was stolen. By who, I don't know yet, but I will find out and bring justice to them. No one will mess with my wife-to-be." Viggo smiled at her and she returned the favor. She loved him calling her like that.

"But to add more explanation, your father and Havòk have been looking after you while Ryker and I were searching the seas for your Dragon. We found out someone took it to be sold somewhere unfamiliar. We fought them and took it back. Arriving back to Muzona, your Dragon was weak and close to dying. When Ash and I returned it to the Waters, it sank to the bottom like a sinking rock. I thought it didn't make it and that would have meant you wouldn't have either." Viggo told her.

"Please, tell me more." She said to him. "We thought you had passed away and we were already grieving over you. That's when I suddenly noticed you were breathing. Very slow, but you were alive. Your father took everything over from there." "What did my dad do then?" She asked him and an unexpected voice walked into the room.

"I did whatever was necessary, sweetheart." Steve walked into their room and smiled. "Dad? What are you doing here?" Ann was stunned her father walked in without any pardon. "I'm sorry I'm interrupting, sweetheart, but I am here to ask something of Viggo and you both." 

Viggo turned his attention to her father straight away. "What is it that you need my assistance of?" He asked. "I am making everything ready to have your wedding for next week, if not a few days later. But before I can arrange the wedding for the both of you, there is some business to be taken care of." Steve explained and Viggo knew what he meant.

"The mundr. Bridesmoney." "Precisely. I hate to ask this of you, but I need to discuss this with your parents too in order to agree on the union of our two families." Steve told them. "If Ann and I want to be ensured of our future together, I know my parents will have to agree with our marriage too. However, I know my mother might ruin a lot before we even get to discussing this matter." Viggo didn't have much hope about his mother.

"Why is that, son?" Steve asked out of curiosity and worry for his daughter. "His mother hates me. She has done awful things to us all already and I share Viggo's disencouragement about his mother's opinion. She doesn't want Viggo to be happy..." Ann filled in, but Viggo just threw out the truth about his mother's actions. "My mother has stabbed Ann before!" He got it out quickly.

"Has she?" Steve folded his hands in front of his mouth as he bend over to support himself on his knees. "She has, but don't worry, dad. Viggo will make sure that I will be fine and unharmed." Ann quickly protected her lover. "I know, sweetheart. If Viggo didn't love you the way he does, he wouldn't have saved your life. It does make the nagotiations more difficult. Are you sure your parents are willing to cooperate?" Steve asked Viggo.

"I am sure my father will be, but my mother is a jealous and selfish type. If she has something on her mind, she is going to make sure she gets what she wants." Viggo concluded. "Then I will make sure I get on the best grounds I can be with your father and make sure I persuade him to agree with your marriage and the union of our families."