Viggo's Exile

After Viggo and Ryker were taken away and thrown into a cell, Ann's father claimed her again. "Dad, what have you done?" "I will keep him away from you. You are not leaving this island anymore, Ann. The future of our island relies on you." 

"And what if I don't want to be chief? You know that! What you don't know is what I feel for Viggo. I love him and that's something you can't take away from me! We are betrothed and no matter if you want it or not, I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him!" She resisted. 

"We'll see about that. First, I'm going to give them their punishments." He said with a grin and walked away. "Punishment for what? No! Dad, don't!" She tried to stop him. "You cannot tell me what to do and what I can't do! You are staying here!" He yelled angrily.

Later that day, Viggo and Ryker were brought to the town square to hear their punishments. Ann slipped out of the house she was kept in and rushed to the town square. Both Viggo and Ryker didn't look good, but Ryker looked the worst. He was probably badly abused, he had bruises everywhere and some blood on his face. Ann couldn't cope with that view of her brother being injured. "Bring forward the suspects!" A large echo sounded through the town square. 

Ryker was brought to the front first. "Ryker Grimborn, you are charged with the kidnap of my daughter. For that, you will face heavy punishment. Have you something to say on that?" Ann's father started. "Well, in first place, we didn't kidnap her. She came to us, even though I wasn't pretty happy with it at first. Second of all, I came to see her as my little sister, so you better have a good excuse towards her on what you are doing to us!" Ryker said and Ann's father started to get furious. "Enough! Your punishment will be to rot away in a cell. Lifelong imprisoned!!" He shouted and Ryker got dragged away, still to see his little brother's punishment. 

"Viggo Grimborn, you are charged with the kidnap of my daughter. For that, you will face heavy punishment. Have you something to say on that?" He asked Viggo the same question. 

"Like my brother said, we didn't kidnap her! She fled from this island when she didn't see any more opportunities to survive on her own. No matter she got to our island by accident or just good luck, I love her and that will never stop! I will give her everything to keep her save and sound! I'll provide for her and care for her for as long as I'll breathe! You better think about that." He looked at him with a deadly face. 

"Hmm, like you can do anything to me! Your punishment will be... EXILE!!" Her father shouted. "NO!!!!!" Ann screamed seeing her love being chased away. The look in his eyes brought shivers down her spine. The fear in his eyes was something she hadn't seen often. (Optional, play song) She couldn't hold back the tears and her eyes followed every step Viggo made to escape her father's fury.

Ann's father chased Viggo off violently. Viggo had to dodge pebbles and stones flung at him by slingshots. People threw everything within handreach at him. Eggs, rotten tomatoes and other fruits, molded and stale bread, and harder foods like potatoes or onions. He even had to look out for incoming arrows. For once, Viggo was truly scared for his life, and scared he might lose his true love forever. "Fire everything you have! Make him run! Don't hold back!" Ann's father enjoyed Viggo being scared off. 

"No! Stop this! How can you do this to him? He let you stay on the island with me when you all needed a place to stay!" Ann jumped out of the crowds. "Hold her." Her father order and she was taken a hold off. She cried when she saw Viggo disappear from sight.

Once he was out of sight, Ann tried to change his mind. "Daddy, please, reconsider!" "No! You will not go anywhere without an escort from now on!" "That's not fair!" "He used you to get to me! What he wants is a war!" "No, don't be ridiculous! He loves me! He will do anything for me!" "He tricked your mind, Ann! He wants a war with us, because you are my daughter." "No! He loves me!"