Stryke Out

A few hours have gone by and Ryker decided to set sail for the dragon fights, an important way for the income. While Ryker had left, Viggo and Ann made the best of it and spent their time together in a private area: Viggo's Quarters. Holding each other, kissing and laying on bed made them be in love like never before. "I'm so glad you're back. You have no idea how difficult it has been for me to be without you." Viggo gently rubbed her cheek with his thumb. "You are the most important person in my life. I never want to let you go again." He pulled her in a tight and comforting hug.

"We both have to learn about caring for each other, how to see how we feel and adjust to that." Ann whispered. "Yes, I know I'm still making mistakes, but I'm not the only one I suppose." Viggo smiled at her. "I admit that I'm also making a few faults and I'm trying to prevent those. I don't want to hurt you." Ann told him. "Shh, as long as I am still hurting you, there's no way you can hurt me." "What do you mean?" Ann asked him confused a bit. "I feel just as hurt as you do when I have done something stupid again. It hurts me seeing you hurt." He kissed her deeply. Ann shove herself closer to him to have her head on his chest after they broke the kiss. Having an arm around her, she and Viggo fell asleep.

A few days later, Ryker came back to them back on Hunter Island with some bad news. "Hey, you don't look pretty good. You okay?" Ann asked her brother as soon as he came in. They hugged before Ryker answered. "The dragon fights are not as successful as they once were. Incomes are decreasing from there. We have to do something about it." He said to both Viggo and Ann. "No, it's not us who have to find a solution for it. It's them. They are the ones to control the fights. If they don't make sure to increase the incomes, they will hang for it."

"Wow, Ann, I've never heard you talking like that before." Ryker was stunned a bit about it. "What? It's true, right?" "Yes, it is true, but Ryker is right. It's quite unusual for you to talk like that." Viggo gave his brother a supportive answer. "So now you take his side, huh?" Ann looked mischievous at Viggo.

"Ryker is and will always be my brother, baby. No matter what, we need to support each other. A brotherly relationship is different than a relationship loving a woman like you." Viggo smiled as he walked up to them. Ann bumped him with the elbow in his chest. "Like I don't know that. I had a sibling too, remember?" "Hey, don't worry. Of course I remember." Viggo stood behind her, holding her waist and kissed her cheek.

A few days had passed and Ryker received a letter from the dragon fights. "Ah." "What is it, brother?" Ann came to him. "Looks like the dragon fights are back in business. People have come to see the spectacle again." Ryker said as he read the letter. "Maybe you should check it out?" "I was thinking about the same, but with an extra for the journey." Ryker said in a teasing tone. "And that extra is...?" Ann sighed out.

"You are coming with me. You have never been there before, have you?" He asked her. "No, thinking about it, no I haven't indeed." "Good. I'll take care of it that you can come along. I'll talk to Viggo about it, I'm sure he will let you go." He smiled to her.

They got everything they needed and left for the dragon fights. "Hey, you took that Speed Stinger with you? Since when actually?" Ann was surprised that it was with him. "It looked like he didn't want to leave my side so I decided to take him with me. Am I right, Sky?" He said to the dragon who answered with a happy roar and spun in a circle.

"Sky, huh? Nice name! Didn't know you named him already." "It came to me shortly ago. I thought it would fit him as he is very fast." They laughed a bit. "Have you thought about training him so he can be by your side in combat?" Ann suggested to him. "I have considered it and it might be useful someday. We will train with our dragons, including Viggo, after we get back to the island, okay?" Ryker poked his sister in the side, who started laughing and tried to frolic around with him. "Deal." She said to him as he held her head stuck under his arm.