Dire Straits

The three days were nerve wrecking for Viggo and Ann. Ann in particular couldn't bear the thought of losing another child before or close after it will be born. The days went by slow and Viggo tried his hardest to give Ann some distraction. 

They somehow had to find a way to stop Hiccup from destroying their plans and create a save world for their child to grow up in. Spending a lot of time sitting behind his desk, Viggo thought about every possibility to wipe the Riders out. Next to that, they were still unsure about the baby's condition. 

The days were counted for the time Steve told the bleeding had to stop. With nerves rising up to her stomach, Ann felt sick only to find out if the baby would be fine. She left the tent to go and have some privacy to check up on it. Ryker came into the tent to lend them his support in whatever the result might be. 

She came back after a few minutes and had a wide smile on her face. Sharing a look, Viggo knew the baby was fine. He got up and lifted her up in the air. "This is just great." He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her deeply once he put her feet back on the ground.

Knowing their baby was okay again, Ann and Viggo were in full excitement again to get back to work. Ideas were slowly coming back to Viggo's mind, but more setbacks kept on coming and causes pressure to rise again. Night had fallen and it seemed that it would've been a late night for Viggo once again. He looked over his maps. Some places had been crossed through as those were disrupted and set out of use.

"Viggo, don't you think this is all going a little far now? You have been like this for days now. I'm starting to get worried about you." She kissed his cheek. Or at least that was her intention. Viggo turned his head to her just in time and grabbed her tight. She startled a bit as he held her into a deep kiss again. Viggo simply chuckled for her reaction. 

Once he let go of her, she saw those mischievous eyes again. "You intended to do that for a long time, didn't you?" Seeing his smile grow wider, she knew that was what he planned all along. "You will never change." She held her hands on his shoulders and he grabbed her waist. "Why should I change?" He smiled at her. 

Rubbing noses, they shared a loving look until Ann heard Ryker mumble again. "I think something is wrong with your brother again." She let go of Viggo. He turned back to the desk and the maps. The crosses on them were frustrating.

Ann stood by Viggo's side when Ryker walked in with a down expression through the entrance of the tent and stopped. His gaze didn't promise anything good. "Now, don't just stand there gawking. Come in, brother." Viggo said a little agitated. "News from our partners in the East. Hiccup and his Riders have disrupted operations. Again." Ryker reported. 

Another snare of Viggo's patience had snapped. "How much of a disruption?" Viggo asked as he turned around to face his older brother. Ryker looked away from his brother as he knew the whole operation was done. The anger raised is Viggo's veins again, snapping the pencil in his hands. 

Turning back to the map, another operational location was about to be crossed out too. "These attacks are becoming bad for business." Viggo turned back to look at his maps again. Ryker came standing next to his younger brother. "Hmm... They won't stop until every dragon we capture is freed and our operations are no more." There it went. The located operation on the map. Crossed by blood red coloured charcoal. 

"Their resistance is growing, Viggo." "Well, then Ryker. Maybe we need to change the methods on how we deal with resistance." Viggo got another map on the table and folded it out to display. "Perhaps it's time we capture a dragon that not even Hiccup Haddock can free." His voice turned harsh again.

"Have scouts trace down a Submarriper. We need it for my next plan." Viggo instructed Ryker, who turned around and left. Ann, on the other hand, was yet again very curious about his plan. "What will you do with a Submaripper?" "We will catch it and nail it down to the ocean floor. No ships will be able to pass without having to put themselves in unforeseen danger." Viggo grabbed the Dragon Eye once again and asked Ann to get Luna in the tent.