Last Auction Heroes

"You sure you are going to leave?" "Yes, dad. We have lost too much time. We need to get out there again and prepare for the next auction." Ann hugged her father. "Alright, then. I know you are in good hands now. But before you go back to business, we can make your marriage legitimate." He said holding her hands and eyes locked. 

Ann was a little startled. This meant she and Viggo had the chance to do what they weren't able to because of the attack on the Dragons: going to bed together with, at least, six witnesses around them. "Are you serious, dad?" "Yes, sweetheart. I know it would mean a lot to you both and I simply cannot let your marriage go illegitimate." Steve smiled at her.

Ann went to talk to Viggo about it and was pretty happy that her father was still offering this chance. "But my parents are gone and I don't want to see them anymore, if I'm being honest. So, who should I ask to be the remaining one or two witnesses?" Viggo didn't know who would be a person who would keep such things to him or herself. If it were to be a Hunter worker, they had to be sure he would not spread word about their night.

"You know? When you were in my arms, weak and wounded, there was a Hunter who came to help me." Ann sat down next to Viggo on the bedside. "Really? Who?" Viggo was surprised to hear it. "I don't know his name, but I'm sure we can..." "That man's name was Birgen." Both Viggo and Ann were startled badly as they saw Ryker stand in the doorway.

"By the Gods, please knock first next time!" Viggo exclaimed annoyed. Ryker just laughed as he stepped further into the room. "Sorry. I overheard you guys talking. Birgen had reported in with me shortly after you had been brought in injured." "Birgen, you said? Maybe I could ask him then. Do you remember what the guy looked like?" Viggo asked Ryker. "I do and I can get him over here, if you want." Ryker offered. "Please." Viggo responded kindly.

After explaining the offer that had been made to them, Viggo and Ann asked Birgen if he was willing to be their remaining witness. "I have to say sir, th... that this is quite the honor you're asking me this. I... I don't feel like I have done something special." He stuttered a little. 

"On the contrary. You have saved my life and my wife's life doing what you have done. You have earned my trust and I will have you promoted if we have this done." Viggo laid a hand on the man's shoulder, who couldn't believe what he was actually saying. "I will accept all of this, sir. It would be my honor to be your witness." Birgen said with a lot of respect.

That night, Viggo and Ann were led into their bedroom with the six witnesses following them. The witnesses took their place behind some curtain as Viggo and Ann started sealing their marriage. The witnesses remained as silent as they could be while the couple's moans filled the room. 

When Viggo and Ann went to sleep, the witnesses left the room as quiet as they could. "Never have I thought that I would see my little brother share his bed like this..." Ryker muttered a little. Steve laughed softly about it. "You knew it would happen someday. And you must not forget, at some point in your life, they might be your witnesses." "Fair point." Ryker said as he left for his hut to get some sleep himself.

The next morning, Ann said her goodbyes to her father as she and Viggo would be getting back to work. "Be safe out there, sweetheart. I am so proud of you. Keep Viggo close to you. He is a good man for you. I see that you are very happy with him and I couldn't wish for anything else for my daughter." He smiled before turning his gaze to Viggo. "Take care of her, son." "I will." He held a hand on Ann's waist. Viggo and Steve said goodbye with a firm handshake.

Walking to the docks together, Ann gave one last hug to her father and Saba. "Thanks for everything, dad." "No problem at all, sweetheart." Steve and Ann spoke before she would be getting back to her husband's side on board of the ship and sail back to the work they had to do. Steve waved them goodbye and watched as the ship with his only daughter left sailed to the horizon.