Training the Dragons

After hours and hours spending on the ship, the island was coming back in sight. Ann's mind played tricks with her as she thought about how Viggo would react towards her. She hated it if she had to disappoint him. 

Coming back to the docks, he was there to wait for her and greet her with a big hug and a kiss. "You don't seem to be happy, my beautiful blossom. What is on your mind?" He asked her, holding her hands in his own. She bit her lip and avoided his gaze by looking down. "Ann? What is going on?" Viggo pushed her a bit. "The dragon fights have been stopped by the Riders!" She got it quickly out of her mouth. 

Taking a small step back and giving a quick shocked reaction, he just stared at her with a wide smile. "You know you don't have to be afraid of telling me something like that. I will never be mad at you for these things." He lifted her chin and stroke a tear away from her cheek with his thumb while Ann smiled at him. Holding her chin he pressed his lips against hers again, receiving one big response back.

The three of them had dinner together and discussed every little detail the Riders had done to get the fights to a hold. "So, they put the Triple Stryke against you? Like he would ever do something different from that." Viggo mocked. "He will never change, that's one thing I know about him." Ann said a bit cranky. "But Ann tried to defend me with Luna when he did." Ryker said proudly about her and laid a hand on her shoulder. "You did? I'm surprised." Viggo cheered a bit for her. "Why are you surprised?" She mocked annoyed. "Because you defended Ryker, a man you see as your brother. A person who normally is able to defend himself." Viggo winked at her as he held her hand. 

"Maybe we should do something about training your Typhoomerang and my Speed Stinger as well, Vig." Ryker suggested and left Viggo think. "What makes you say that? And I don't think I will be able to train Ash to fight by our side. He is a titan wing, so please don't forget that. He is too big to stay on one of our ships!" Viggo slightly flipped. "Don't worry about him, you can train him to be our last defence mechanism for the island, right?" Ann suggested. 

"Hmm, that could be a possibility. And looking at his size, if we need him somewhere else and we send a Terror Mail back to the island, he can be brought to us at that particular place with great speed." Viggo thought out loud. "Absolutely! Just think like that and everything will be fine. How are we going to get this ongoing? What is our approach?" Ann asked the men, but both of them looked at her. "What?" "You are the one that knows most about training dragons. We just know how to hunt them best." Ryker encouraged her. "Fine! I'll think of something, but I'll think about it tomorrow. I'm done for today." "That's alright, baby. I'll be right with you." Viggo said and they quickly kissed before Ann walked off to bed.

Being gently shaken awake, Ann woke up having Viggo stand next to the bed. "You might want to come with me. There is something wrong with the dragons." He sounded serious in his words. "What's the matter?" Ann jumped out of bed to follow him going to the dragons. "Looks like Ash, Luna and Sky have gotten into a fight with each other and we can't get them apart." 

Coming to the place, the dragons were indeed in a riot. "Okay, let me think." Ann watched what they were fighting for. "We don't have that much time! Sky is ready to sting them!" Ryker yelled at her. "Quit yelling at me, I'm looking for a solution. Are those the dragon root arrows over there?" She noticed a big amount of barrels with arrows sticking out. "Yes?" Ryker frowned. "We have to get them away from those arrows and place the barrels somewhere else." 

They got into action. Ryker and Ann distracted the dragons while Viggo called many men to help him move the barrels. The barrels had been moved far away from the dragons resting places and brought to a cave where they would never come. The fighting between the dragons had immediately stopped as the roots were gone and their pupils turned back to their large, round shapes.

"That's it, girl." Ann petted her dragon on the head and scratched her chin. "What now? If we cannot keep the dragon root here on the island, then we cannot keep the dragons here." Viggo sighed and was out of breath. "Not necessarily, we just have to train them to behave when we are using the root arrows." Ann suggested. 

"Let's start with the basics, shall we?" Ann suggested. "And the basics are?" Ryker hissed. "First of all, obedience. Our dragons have to listen to what we have to say and ask from them. Over the last few weeks, you have been able to gain trust from your dragons and create a bind with them. Now we have to make use of that." Ann walked to Sky to show him to lower his tail, not wanting to sting them. 

After some strict looks and certain movements, Sky lowered his tail and came to Ann to press his snout in the palm of her hand. "That's it. Ryker, maybe you should start with these exercises. Obedience and coming on command." "Will try, but only with your help from time to time." "No problem over here." She walked over to Ash, signing him to lower his head so Ann could pet his snout. 

"What do you have in mind for me and Ash?" Viggo walked up to her. "Maybe you can try to have him blast fire at your command? As you said, we can't take Ash everywhere we go so you need to train him so he can defend this place." She still petted his snout until he decided to lick her face. "EW!" It left Viggo fall to the ground of laughing. "Great job, Ash." He said through his laughs. "Great... I am going to fresh up while you two have something to do. After I get back, I will quickly help both of you before I go train with Luna myself." She said as she walked off. Ash's saliva was so thick on her skin and clothes that Ann had decided to take a quick swim to soak it all out. 

Coming back to the boys, she noticed they had made a huge progression in their training with the dragons. "Wow, looks good guys!" She was rather in awe about the speed of it. "I found out Sky loves to play fetch. So after he has completed a task well, I have him run after a ball." Ryker said with big pride. "Nicely done! Love the positive appraise! And you, Viggo?" 

"It turns out Ash is very fond of a snack as a treat. So I give him all the fish we don't eat ourselves and which the other dragons don't eat as well. But what happened to you? You're soaking wet." "I went for a quick swim after your dragon had spread his saliva all over my face and even over my clothes. I had to, to soak it all out." She grunted. "Anyway, before I went swimming I asked Havòk to place some targets and make an obstacle course around the island for Luna. I am going to train with her." She got on Luna's back and they raced off.

After an hour of flying and training, Ann and Luna landed back at the camp to stop for the day. Coming back to the men, she smelled something she couldn't resist running to. "Is that my favorite?" "Yes, it is. Just sit down, it's almost done." Viggo smiled at her as he crouched next to the fire and the pot. 

They shared a laugh or two for the evening during their dinner. "Okay, so that was delicious." She snuggled up to Viggo and kissed his cheek. "Glad you liked it." He snuggled with her too. "You know it's my favorite and I can't resist it." She smiled widely while looking Viggo in the eyes and steal a small kiss too.

"Now, can you two show me how far you have become with your dragons?" Ann asked. "Sure. Sky, stay." Ryker stood up and walked away for a big distance. Sky held his eyes locked on Ryker as he walked off, looking with very curious and questioning eyes. He stayed standing on the exact same place for the whole time until Ryker called him by whistling. Sky ran quickly and was in no time with his owner, who laughed at the little dragons enthusiasm. "Nice. Looks very nice." Ann shouted so he could hear it. "Come with me, my beautiful blossom and watch what I have trained with Ash." 

They went to a clearing and Viggo made a spinning movements with his finger towards Ash. Ash flew up into the air and used the typical Typhoomerang attack, the fire spin typhoon. "Wow!" Ann couldn't believe her eyes and was amazed by it. "And that's not all. I let more men practice with him so he would listen to them too when I'm not around. They know what happens if they misuse my dragon." He smiled, pulled Ann in closer and kissed her cheek. 

"Without you, we would never be able of these things." "But you did this yourself! You trained him!" Ann praised her lover. "That's not what I mean. What I mean is, thanks to you, Ryker and I see our dragons as companions in battle instead of only as adversaries." He calmly explained and it left her blushing. "Come on, we have to prepare for the Snoggletog festivities." Viggo suggested and they walked back to the camp.