Shellshocked, part 1

Viggo's POV

It had been hours now that Ann was taken away from me and Ryker had beaten me up like this. The blood on my body had dried out and with some spit, I could wash most of them away. Ow, how much I missed my Ann. I just hope Ryker has been good to her and had mercy on her. I just don't want my unborn child to be in life danger already. 

In the hours that I was stuck in this miserable place, some men had probably turned my tent inside-out. I could hear how they got through my documents, taking my personal belongings and that of Ann, and lastly throwing all the furniture over to find something they were probably looking for. But they will not find it up in my office. I have it perfectly hidden in my tunic. I could hear the men talk about Ryker's plan and I have to say, it is typically something for him to come up with something that simple.

When the men had left and peace and quiet returned to this place, I could get to think over the last few months to two years. The moment I met Hiccup and where things were about to turn around for the Hunter tribe. Ryker was right. I have been making so many mistakes! 

I was more focussed to besting Hiccup than look after my people and my wife. The fights I had with her were all caused by me. That made me so upset that I started crying again. I remember the words Ann spoke to me when I let my emotions go for the first time in ages. 

"When there is something on your heart that can only flow away through the tears, then let it go. There is no shame in that."

Her sweet voice echoed through my head, making me miss her more. However, her sweet voice faded away when I was shaken out of my thoughts. I heard dragon roars and people talking to each other. Those voices were familiar. Please Thor, let this be my saving moment. 

"Ah! What is it going to take to catch this guy?" The most familiar voice I could imagine was right here in my tent and just kicked over my desk?! He must've notice my hiding pit when a Maces and Talons game pieces fell on the door above me. 

It took him a few more seconds to see what was in this dreadful pit. He opened the door and had his dragon almost blast my head off. "Wow, hold your fire!" He told his dragon as I shielded the light coming in that burned in my eyes. I was so relieved someone found me that I spoke up in urgent desperation. "I never imagined that these words would come out of this mouth, but... My dear Hiccup, I'm overjoyed to see you." Hiccup gestured his dragon to get me out of the pit and he gave me a chair to regain my strength to speak.

After all the Riders had collected in my tent, I had plenty of time to get my strength up so I could speak to them and answer their questions. Well, most of them. I bet the boy would start about the Dragon Eye again. That is safely hidden. "What happened here? Viggo, where is the Dragon Eye?" Hiccup spoke up. Told you. 

As I was preparing myself to answer something that would divert him from the original hiding place, Stoick stamped in like a pack of Rumblehorns would do, grabbed me by the throat and held me into the air. He was obviously furious at me. "You come after my son. You come after my home. Now, you get to deal with me!" His grip was like Ryker's and I struggled to breathe. 

Luckily Hiccup stood up for me and brought his crazy father to different plans with me. He let me drop back into the chair and I gasped for air before I could finally speak up my mind. "Ryker has lost all sense of reason. He's on his own and unfortunately managed to sway the soft minds of the Dragon Hunters. My brother has turned them against their leader." I looked down to the ground and realized I didn't want to call him my brother anymore, but that was the only way I could make clear to those fools who I meant. The twins were their usual self for as far as I can remember and talked nonsense out of their mouths. I continued my explanation to Hiccup.