𝟷𝟹 | 𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: Detention- Melanie Martinez "
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'You write me up and say it's love'

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

November 26, 1982

"Well shit" Michael groans, slapping his hands on his thighs.

I look over to him and see his grabbing a chair and sitting down "Don't you have your gameboy?"

His eyes shoot up and he looks at me and smiles "Right!" He laughs "Your a genius, y/n" He grabs his gameboy out of his pocket "I'm so fucking dumb"

I giggle and roll my eyes "You sure are" I trail off and sit up from the desk. He groans in annoyance. I notice a big cabinet and decide to open it.

My eyes lit up as I see a cabinet full of all types of candy "Mike," I start "Come take a look at this" I add. He gets up from his seat and stands next to me.

His eyes light up and he starts taking a box of Reece's Pieces, his favorite. "She's got," He says "A lot of candy" I nod.

I grab some of my favorite candys and place it in the desk next to Michael "She really forgot about the candy?" I laugh.

"She's dumb" Michael shrugs, I smile and we both start eating the candy we stole.

"What's the point of detention again?" Michael says, I shrug "Is it for the teacher to finally mess with our school history or something"

"They be tryin to turn collages against us" He barked, I laughed.

"Yeah" I rolled my eyes, munching on a Hershey bar.

Michael shifts from his position, resting his head on his hand and using his free hand to tiredly eat a snickers bar.
He looks hot like that I shake my head no he doesn't I tell myself yes he does! I slap myself shush

It does, I know, it does sound weird that I talk to myself, it's like what a baby would do. I'd get made fun of it, so I don't tell anyone.

I remember I have my gameboy as well so I grab it out of my pocket and start playing Tetris.

Sounds of clicks and game noises can be heard in the room, both of us praying a teacher wouldn't walk in and see us.

I look up and stare at Michael, taking in his features. Gosh he so handsome, how can someone be this perfect. Even though we're not dating, I still feel lucky to have him as a friend.

Michael sit up and starts walking to the door, my gaze follows him "Whee are you going?" I ask.

He turns his head to me "To get some water," Replies Michael "Want me too get you something?"

I nod "Can you get my Walkman?" His face lights up.

"Oh sure," He chuckles "I forgot I have mine in my bag, your locker is number 73," He says "Oh yeah ours is next to each other"