38 | jack

"The world's still the same." Jack told you.

It was true, the blue sea still shone when the light hit it and you still had to squint to see the horizon. The gulls still sung and the sound of the waves on a ship was methodical and still a touch too nauseating for you. The world had changed however, you knew that like the truth of your own name, 

"Not in all ways." You counter argued. 

"In every way," He replied, reaching out a finger and then dragging it to the beyond, motioning to the expanse of sea ahead of you, "We weren't gone long enough for it to change." 

You stared at him then, watching him and saying nothing, letting this silent communication you were both developing talk for yourselves. His pupils widen, first in what you could only guess as confusion and then an emotion that you couldn't put your finger on as he registered your own faint smile. 

"My world has changed." 

Your chest felt like it was tied, your lungs in the wrong side of your torso, words fell heavy into the air as you they left your mouth, grasping for something solid in the hot sea breeze. You stared at Jack, at his textured and tanned skin, slightly peeling from sunburn in patches, facial hair framing his mouth as he breathed softly. He made you feel weak and strong, the horizon remapped itself behind him as he tilted his head to look at you as a small smile found its way onto one side of his mouth. 

He glanced down at your lips, "Has it now?"

A hundred thoughts about what you wanted to happen now came into your head as you attempted to keep his eye contact, trying to see if you could feel his heart beat or connect you both together in anyway. 

"Aye." You said, barely parting your lips. 

The world had refocused, time had become an amount measured from this very moment, before and after. Time with him, time without. Distance just how close he could be to you or how far apart you could stand before it became too much, until that unspoken unexplainable yet full current had to be passed by touching him. 

"Aye?" He repeated, taking a step towards you. He looked right into you, his darkly lined eyes had already invited you in but they awoke that stirring in you every time. 

You nodded, he smiled even more, "Aye?" He repeated one more time, with a laugh, exhaling as he said your name, "Is that true?" 

Captain Jack Sparrow could not see the rigging of the ship or the board of the deck, he saw the wrinkles that your smile made around your nose and he felt the ever present urge to touch your skin, to be engulfed in the new spinning centre of his universe. 

He closed the distance between you both, with only the smallest hint of hesitation, breaking the barrier, bringing you together. He softly, with the measured movements of a man wanting to remember how to do this for the rest of his life, tilted your chin upwards with his fingertips, holding your skin in between his fingers with just enough force for it to not be able to leave your mind. 

He breathed out, his breath hot on your lips, "Good." And he connected your lips with his, holding you there, pining you together in a moment, in a world you both shared and breathlessly prayed to a higher power that you would never leave.

a/n, so four years baby and it's coming back, i think i can now write a bit more from experience, no longer reading about fictional boyfriends but having my own one (who sadly is not a pirate, however knows and accepts that i basically am), so enjoy my ramblings, about my still favourite film series and fictional universe x