36 | jack

You hid yourself in the kitchen scullery, counting your breaths and trying to determine whether the smell of smoke was as close as it seemed, either way you knew that this could only end in two ways. Dead or a hostage to the pirates.

You had managed to escape them when they were younger and they raided Port Royal, the scandal of the century when Elizabeth Swann was taken. This time you had a feeling the head of a house of the same grandeur as the Swann's would stand for a similar fate.

They were in the house, you could hear their voices and then a sound cut you in your thoughts. All of you stopped for a moment; the kitchen door has been kicked in.

The back door was locked and you cursed yourself for forgetting the key in the hallway.

"Nice house, isn't it?" A voice said accompanied by the scratch of steel on the wood table.

"Very nice, but very empty wouldn't you think Captain." Another said.

The banging of cabinets and drawers, a clutter of metal cutlery or pots - you couldn't tell.

That must be the infamous Jack Sparrow, you had heard the tales of him from the people of the Easy India Company that moved in the same social circles as you.

"Not even a servant in sight." The Captain replied, "I would have thought a house like this would have a dozen."

You wouldn't mistake that tone in his voice, he knew you were there. He was playing games and you felt a sinking feeling in your stomach.

The larder where you kept your vegetables, eggs and everything else needed for the kitchen lacked the one thing you absolutely needed; cutlery or, rather, anything sharp and pointy. So you searched for whatever you could.

Gibbs said "Found ya" before he had even begun to open the door. As a consequence he was greeted with two eggs cracking on his face, the egg and yolk pooling down his beard and falling to the ground.

You made a beeline for the door, pushing past Gibbs who's grasped at your apron but only managed to undo the ties in the process. It was Jack that stopped you, wringing his hands around your waist as you fought past you and hauling you back beside him.

"You're not disappearing that easy," He remarked, his breath heavy on your neck, "Now if I put you down, do you promise not to run again?"

"What's a promise to a pirate?"

"The exact same to a servant."

He didn't realise your status, to him you were just apart of the help. You knew you had to cling to that for now, for hopes of escape.

"Then I promise." You responded.

"Wrong decision," Jack smiled and he pushed you into the nearest chair and Gibbs - who has recovered his sight but not his dignity - threw Jack some rope and the Captain tied your hands to the armrests, "Thought you would've learn to not trust anyone, how can I put it, above you."

"Whatever you want, take it. They don't pay me enough anyway, I won't say anything." You tried to say.

Gibbs as a protocol, searched your pockets and found your necklace you had taken off, along with your wedding ring, matching with your husband.

"That's a mighty fine ring." Gibbs inspected it and you held your breath.

"Seems like you were one step ahead of us," Jack smiled at you. He pulled over another chair, set it in front of you and sat down in it, leaning forward his eyes never left yours, "Most pirates start off as thieves you know. It's always nice to have pirate friends when you aint got nobody,"

Jack was handed the ring by Gibbs and he smiled, "Fancy being married do you? Fancy loving someone til death do you part? I fancy that as well." He really looked at you this time inspecting the colour of your eyes and the way strands of your hair fell against your face.

"I suppose it would have its perks," You replied truthfully, "But being stuck as a housewife whilst my husband's at sea isn't my idea of fun."

"That's only if you marry one of those idiots in the East India or Navy. Wives of pirates are just pirates." He reached over the side of the kitchen and grabbed an apple, biting into it and a dribble of juice falling down his chin.

"Too bad you're both the only pirates I know

"Too bad you're both the only pirates I know." However, it seemed to you like the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow was the only one you ever really needed to meet.

Jack's eyes never left yours, "So you don't fancy it then? You'd rather be stuck stealing the odd jewel until the lady of the house captures you and sends you out on the street with nothing. That's a new one,"

You did fancy it, of how much the dream sounded like it could become a reality with only you saying yes. Yet that would mean having to lie about your background for the rest of your life, it meant a disappearance and probably being assumed dead by the whole world.

"Well if I can't tempt you, I'm going to leave you right here." He stood up, throwing the apple into the sink and then moving the chair away. He knelt down, so he was on your eye level, "Let me at least give you the ring, so the world can know you're the thief and not us, even if it is going to be a bit too big."

With his rough hands, with rings of their own, he - more delicately then you thought he would - slid the ring onto your finger. It fit perfectly and Jack was only astonished for a second before he looked at you and grinned, understanding it all.

"Oh, you are more like a pirate then you think you are."

"Get out of my house." You demanded.

Jack stood up and changed the atmosphere right back to how he wanted, all about him and with a lightness in the air, "Well you see as Captain, there are a few special privileges that I have and one, well I've always wanted to try out. You see, I have just given you a ring. That ring, on your finger. And well, we both know what that means, so really I only have one question; can I kiss you?"

It was insane, absolutely absurd but then again, life isn't worth living if it isn't absurd.

"Yes, yes you can."

So Jack kissed you, entangling his hands with your hair and parting your lips with his tongue.

You were interuptted by the back kitchen door being slammed down and a man with the same matching ring as you pointing a rifle at Jack Sparrow.

"Get your hands off my wife." He said.

"Actually mate," Jack started, "I'll think you find she's my wife now."

a/n

so I've decided I'm going to go up to 40 imagines and then call this book closed for the second time, which was my goal of 15 so that's actually worked great. I'm going to be working on some original works which is exciting and set around the time of piracy so that's exciting.
Got a James Norrington one next and then a longer Will which might be set over two parts for you to be looking forward to!