26 | will

Your father, Lord Cutler Beckett had summoned you and you were not exactly well pleased. You had a growing sense of dread as you approached his office, he was finally going to stop you going to sea. He had his fun and led you to believe you would actually become a Captain of an East India Trading Company ship. He even had the nerve to let you believe until the morning before you were meant to sail away with command. 

You had been working for the East India Company and therefore directly for your father ever since you finished school but it was only within the last two years had you been able to actually take to the seas. 

"I won't let any daughter go on board ship, it's far too dangerous." Your father told you. 

"Too dangerous or your too protective?" You questioned. 

"Both." 

"Then consider this father, the East India Company practically belongs to you if there weren't any pirates you would rule the sea. Now don't you want another Beckett to continue the family legacy?"

The next day you were an officer on board ship with a ill fitting male uniform but a gleam in your eyes as the other seamen groaned. You were finally at sea and had managed to fill every order your father gave for the last four years and were rewarded for it; you were the youngest captain and only female to reach beyond an officer level. This was all you ever wanted, all you've ever asked for.

So you thought nothing of striding into your father's office, "Really father, I was in the middle of checking the rigging on the Queen Katherine and I really do not see-"

You stopped mid sentence as the man with your father turned to look at you.

You did not return his smile. 

"Sit daughter," Lord Beckett asked you, indicating the seat next to his male companion, "I have someone who would like to meet you."

You took of your hat and laid it on the table, "William Turner I presume." You greet him. 

William raised an eyebrow at you, "I don't think I've ever had the pleasure."

You tell him your name, "And the ladies of Port Royal talk very favourably of you and your," You pause to think of the word, "Escapades." 

"You mean my piracy." Will said whilst taking a sip of tea.

"Yes, and that makes me wonder why you are sat here." 

"William," Your father set down his cup, "And I have a rather nice accord, he gives me Jack Sparrow in return for his freedom. The slight issue is I don't trust a rather large amount of people, least of all pirates but there is one person I trust, you. So you will accompany Will on this mission." 

"In other words," Will smirked at you, "You're becoming my First Mate." 

"You have to be kidding me." You protested, "I am not a pirate! I don't want to set aboard a pirate ship unless I am raiding it in the name of the Crown." You were stubborn and knew when to stand your ground  

William regarded you with the same glint in his eye, "Well Lord Beckett, she's going to make an excellent pirate."