3 | elizabeth

--(female reader)

--
(female reader)

"It's fashionable in London." You said clinging ahold to the wall in Elizabeth's bedroom, watching as the maids struggled to tie her own corset.

"Well the women in London must have learnt not to breathe. It's a death trap that's what it is." Elizabeth and you both shared a dislike of modern fashion but the key difference was that you endured it and she did not.

"Like all things in life Elizabeth." You replied and finished off the sentence with a long gasp for breath. Before patting down the intricate lace on the bodice.

She raised an eyebrow at you, "You like voluntarily killing yourself do you?"

The maid pulled the cord sharply in and Elizabeth rewarded her with a sharp cry that made you flinch.

"Sorry my lady." The serving girl muttered and Elizabeth nodded her head slightly to show she accepted the apology.

You chuckled slightly, "I like pleasing the eye of those I want to please." You wink at her.

Your constant flirting with Elizabeth is something that the women has grown used to and secretly enjoys. Your relationship is built on small remarks and bashful comments like you just said. You love it but in reality you know that it can never be anything more than this. Her father and the high society you are both born into would never allow such a thing to happen. So for now, you just enjoy the playful flirting.

"I don't think you need a corset to achieve that Y/N," Elizabeth smiled broadly in your direction and like always her voice sounds like music to your ears, "In fact I think the medieval torture device should be banned in the Caribbean."

"Oh really Elizabeth?"

"Really. I think that both of us would like absolutely more attractive without them." The comment made you happier than you care to admit.

"Tell the men that."

"I don't care about the men."